Painkillers... should I take them?

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
clementine
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Painkillers... should I take them?

Post by clementine »

I just had mouth surgery and I'm wondering about the use of painkillers... I don't usually take ANY type of pharmaceuticals but I would rather not have to suffer if I don't have to. Will it cause acne? If it will then I will endure, but if not then I need some relief!!!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Personally, ive never experienced tham to cause acne.
And if the pain is extreme, i wouldn care if i got some acne, as long as the pain is not there.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I use mustard powder as a painkiller....I take a teaspoon a day (when needed). I find it doesn't work for some pains (headache), but for others (bone or muscle) it is far more effective than paracetamol. It's marvellous stuff.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Mustard is quite poisonous, isnt it? Maybe even worse than
paracetamol/ibuprofen/aspirin?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I've not heard that before.....what does it do? How is it harmful?
It has been used as a medicine for thousands of years. It is important in Ayurveda, and was recommended by Hippocrates and Pythagoras. I've only ever heard good thing about it. How is it poisonous? :(
summerwave

painkiller

Post by summerwave »

I have used Staphysagria (homeopathic) for pain; it is a very good remedy.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Cairidh wrote:I've not heard that before.....what does it do? How is it harmful?
It has been used as a medicine for thousands of years. It is important in Ayurveda, and was recommended by Hippocrates and Pythagoras. I've only ever heard good thing about it. How is it poisonous? :(
It is not poisonous in the way that 'you die if you have a bite' way, but
it contains compounds that are toxic on a cellular level, like most
non-Wai foods does, only more than say broccoli or garlic.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed.
Cairidh wrote:It has been used as a medicine for thousands of years. It is important in Ayurveda, and was recommended by Hippocrates and Pythagoras. I've only ever heard good thing about it. How is it poisonous? :(
All plants and their seeds that contain ingredients that have extreme/very specific properties, may have both elicit and beneficial effects, depending on what organ / group of cells you are talking about. Mostly, 'medicinal plants' contain an ingredient that is deadly for certain bacteria, viruses, parasites or specific cells, and simply because of those properties they will also be harmful for specific human cells when contacted.
A disease is about an imbalance. Medicines are about stimulation or elimination of one or other side of that (im)balance. But medicines are not 'guided bombs'; they are generally taken orally or intravenously, and 'travel' before 'coincidentally' reaching their target.
If they 'work', they can and will do some damage.