Candida and energy

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Candida and energy

Post by Christina »

Yes, for sure!
It sucks! I will try Christoph's idea and see if my scalp improves. I'm having a bit of an issue with that, too.
Emeira

Re: Candida

Post by Emeira »

But...
Kasper wrote:To get rid of candida, I think following (at least) these rules are absolutely important:
Limit any sugar consumption
Eat plenty of saturated fats
Eat plenty of tomatoes/cucumber
Christina, you going to eat less fat? or less sugar and fruits
(because of candida) ?
Christina

Post by Christina »

Emeira, I'm trying fruit and yolks/fish and no oil because of candida related issues. I know I'm changing my tune. But it's all a big experiment. I'm giving Christoph's idea one week, if i make it haha but i have over 1/2 a day down. And if I feel worse, I will go right back to what i was doing and continue my experimentation from there. Christoph had an experience that intrigued me and got me curious. I will update on my results. I'm not settled and successful enough on my version of the Wai diet to be consistent. Sorry if that confuses u, since I gave you my eating plan from before. I have the value of my previous experiences and that doesn't go away when i give something else a try for a few days.
The tough part in life, is, we all have to try for ourselves and find what works. The fact that it worked for Christoph, doesn't mean it'll work for me. So I'm on my own with nothing but faith.... it is what it is.
Christoph

Fatty acids and insulin resistance

Post by Christoph »

Good luck Christina,, I made a concious effort to eat more fruit and get my fatty acids that way, instead of concentrated fat. Im not an 80/10/10 er, Im a Waidieter. The 80/10/10 will hate you because you eat yolks and or fish. But Im a high fruit , appropriate fat eater. I learned most everything I know from this site and RRM...then combined it with some 80/10/10 principles. They claim to cure candida overgrowth within a few days. And guess what, it worked for me. I witnessed the results.
dime

Post by dime »

This article talks about some nontoxic herb that kills candida:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 131803.htm
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Candida always remains something strange for me.
After limiting frutis and sugar for a long time, introducing probiotics etc., my white coating disappeared (did take a couple of months).
After introducing honey, it didn't came back. After eating (drinking) much sugar (water), it didn't came back. Even after I had a diet that consisted of 1.5 litre coca cola, my candida didn't came back.

I've been introducing fruits, since a couple of months. With 1 litre of orange juice, I havent found any problems. But now I'm back at 2-3 litre of fruit juices daily, my white tongue comes back again.
When I have a white tongue, I also notice that my face looks whiter or something. Like less blood flow over there. Also more red eye problems. I really dislike this white tongue, as it reminds me over where I used to be (and don't want to be).

Many people blame sugar for candida. Strange thing is that every time I drink coca-cola, my white tongue disappears. I've never have a white tongue of pure sugar as well. It always seems to go hand and hand with fruit juices. It's very strange. But I'm already glad of tolerating 1 litre of orange juice.
This article talks about some nontoxic herb that kills candida:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 131803.htm
I may buy some of this herb. Seems quite cheap.
dime

Post by dime »

I'm not sure that herb is such a good idea.
Today, gymnema is used for diabetes, metabolic syndrome, weight loss, and cough. It is also used for malaria and as a snake bite antidote, digestive stimulant, laxative, appetite suppressant, and diuretic.

How does it work?
Gymnema contains substances that decrease the absorption of sugar from the intestine. Gymnema may also increase the amount of insulin in the body and increase the growth of cells in the pancreas, which is the place in the body where insulin is made.
It has way too many effects. Read at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnema_sy ... l_medicine
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, herbs acting as medicine, naturally have this in common with non-herbal medicines: 'side' effects.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

so for those who have candida overgrowth, fruits like banana, pineapple,oranges ets. should be limited?

In the past i was taking antibiotics twice, because of lyme disease, and infection under the root canal in the bone.
I think my anemia, increased lymphocytes in blood % 64.6 (norm 17-48%), toenail fungus and candida could be related. http://www.candidahouse.com/page/1419271

Candida thrives in an iron rich environment which is the reason that i feel worse once I stared taking my iron supplements
There is so much information and theories about candida, some are on very low carb diet, others on high sugar low fat diet, then sugar and fat combination is bad ets... How to now which is the right one?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:In the past i was taking antibiotics twice .... and candida could be related.
Antibiotics are a known cause of candida.
Antibiotics mess up your defence.
How to now which is the right one?
By finding out what works for you.
Trial and error.
But I don't think eliminating some fruits is the answer.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think I've had Candida in the past. The reason I think this, was because of white tongue and brain fog. If sometimes the white tongue came back, the brain fog would also come back.

I've been limiting sugar, but I don't think this is neccesary. What is your diet now? I would replace some fruit with raw honey to start with. Purple berries and grapes are probably safe fruits as it comes to Candida.

The skin of lychee contains a fungal that is beneficial for Candida. I'm not sure if there is a Wai correct way to get this fungal. I have taken this fungal as powder which I used to add to t to orange juice. But I'm nut 100% wai.

Good luck with it !
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Kasper wrote: What is your diet now? I would replace some fruit with raw honey to start with. Purple berries and grapes are probably safe fruits as it comes to Candida.

The skin of lychee contains a fungal that is beneficial for Candida. I'm not sure if there is a Wai correct way to get this fungal. I have taken this fungal as powder which I used to add to t to orange juice. But I'm nut 100% wai.

Good luck with it !
I eat oranges, bananas, pineapples, kiwi, tomato + cucumber + avocado salad, slowed cooked mackerel, raw yolks, coconut
One thing i have noticed, that every time when i mix yolks with orange juice i always feel abdominal pain, but less pain when i eat yolks with honey and no pain at all when i eat yolks alone or with slow cooked egg whites
By the way, every morning i have sour taste in mouth and slightly white tongue too

How your diet looks like? Do you eat fruits low in sucrose?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

No, I don't limit sucrose at all at the moment.
I feel best with eatin 50% sugar, 30% fat, 20% protein. (calorie wise)
I don't think the idea is to eat like me. Because I'm only an n=1 study, there are tons of people with succes with all different diets.
I've read that someone claimed that he could wash away his white tongue with coke (not diet coke, coke with plenty of sugar).
Other people insist that you need to limit your sugar as far as you can... and go full ketosis.
I'm just one of all those succes stories. And maybe you need a complete different plan.

But for me, banana's are worst of all, even now, if I swith from 1-2L OJ to banana's or banana juice, I develop a white tongue.
And it takes me a week to fix this.

I think it is all about creating your own n=1 study, try something, consistently, for some weeks,
and if it works, go on, if you don't have any benefits, change your plan.

In the past, when I had all this brain fog of this candida,
I wouldn't be able to do anything consistently, but as you seem to do wai consistently,
you may be better off than I was.

I think it is about measuring more, than just your tongue. For me, first my stool normalized, and only a month or so after that my tongue normalized.
How are your stools? If your stools are not good, I would begin measuring this. And see how different foods affect your stools.
One thing i have noticed, that every time when i mix yolks with orange juice i always feel abdominal pain, but less pain when i eat yolks with honey and no pain at all when i eat yolks alone or with slow cooked egg whites
Interesting. Maybe orange juice dilutes your stomach acid too much? I still have sometimes abdominal pain. And I think it is not good at all, if I have abdominal pain for some hours for some days, my stools get worse as well.
I've never have bad stools if I'm my digestive system is completely pain free. Do you have other stomach related issues ? Like GERD or heartburn ?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Kasper wrote:I feel best with eatin 50% sugar, 30% fat, 20% protein. (calorie wise)
So that is approximately 100-130g of protein?
Kasper wrote:I think it is all about creating your own n=1 study, try something, consistently, for some weeks,
and if it works, go on, if you don't have any benefits, change your plan.
I understand, but it requires a lot of time, patience and stability.
... sometimes I feel without motivation :?
I wouldn't be able to do anything consistently, but as you seem to do wai consistently,
I love eating raw, but still searching best macronutrients proportions. I whent from keto or carb cycling to high or moderate carb and etc.
My digestive system seems to be messed up after many years of binging and purging. I still have urges to overeat especially on sweet fruits, but now it is not physical need, it is more impulsive, habitual behavior, just like any other addiction.
How are your stools?
Constipation occurs with juice + meat/yolk diet. I feel better when I eat some fiber from whole fruits, kiwi and pineaple works like laxatives for me.
Maybe orange juice dilutes your stomach acid too much?
I feel fine when i eat oranges alone, only combination with yolks cause some discomfort
how did you find out that you have candida? Have you done any blood or stool test?
For me It seems that all symptoms are candida related, but I'm not sure 100% and blood test is quite expensive.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

So that is approximately 100-130g of protein?
Ehm.. I get 40-60 gram of protein from meat/fish/dairy.
And 30-40 gram of protein from gelatin (not raw I guess).
And some protein from fruit. But I'm not 100% wai.
And I don't think it is necessary to start eating non-wai food to cure candida.
My digestive system seems to be messed up after many years of binging and purging.
How do you know your digestive system is messed up ?
If you have only constipation when low on fiber, and when adding fiber your stools are good,
I get the impression that your digestive system is quite all right, no ?
Do you have any other symptops that make you think your digestive system is messed up ?
I understand, but it requires a lot of time, patience and stability.
... sometimes I feel without motivation :?
It's hard I know. Just curious, what is your heart rate and body temperature like ?
If you measure your body temperature using a digitil one under your armpit,
make sure that you have it already 2 min under your armpit before you start the measurement.
how did you find out that you have candida? Have you done any blood or stool test?
No, I did not do blood test, so I'm not 100% sure if I had candida.
I just know that I had a white tongue and brain fog.