Chronically blocked nose

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
finder101
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Chronically blocked nose

Post by finder101 »

Could the wai diet help me in your opinion? The ENT doctor has looked up nose and told me that it is inflammed and now they want to do allergy tests. My nose has been blocked for a LONG time im not actually sure about exactly how long. Im thinking it could be a food allergy perhaps? Note it is not seasonal and the weather or time of year definetley has no effect what so ever.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It could be an allergy, but it also could be a food-intolerance. If it is an allergy, they can find out rather easily, but if it is a food intolerance, then its more difficult to resolve.
In the latter case, an elimination diet may effectively do the trick. And yes, the strict wai-diet is an elimination diet.
finder101

Post by finder101 »

Is it prbable that a food allergy could cause this?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Before going on the Wai Diet I've always been a little sniffly. I don't know whether there was any inflammation though. I've also been quite allergic to cats, dogs, dust, etc. That too has greatly diminished if not disappeared completely.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

finder101 wrote:Is it prbable that a food allergy could cause this?
Sure
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

My wife sometimes wakes up with a stuffed nose. I told her to write down everything she eats for a while and to write down how she feels in the morning. After some time of these data, she can try to correlate her diet to her allergy symptoms.
jay

Post by jay »

All my sinus problems cleared up when I gave up dairy foods. Dairy can be a fairly common cause of congestion due to the effect casein protein has on people that are sensitive to it, but there are certainly other foods that could cause an adverse reaction to your airways.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I have had a chronic sinus infection for 7 years. I had a surgery 5 years ago to remove excess tissue that had grown in order to produce more and more mucous in reaction to my allergies. I've been on every single anti-histamine on each of their highest doses. Nothing has ever worked. I was even on Biaxin (antibiotic) for 6 months - nothing. Even Levaquin (strongest possible antibiotic in the US) for a month did not do a thing!

I've been taking allergy shots for a while now (no medicines - only samples of what I'm allergic to plant-wise) and I'm not too sure of the effects.

After starting the diet - I am noticing that the infection is loosening up (not so green anymore) and - a normal day would consume about 15 to 20 tissues has been reduced to maybe 3 or 4.

We'll see how it goes from here.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear. :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

It seems like it may be a good idea to find a food that rarely causes allergies and then only eat that for a week. Like OJ + OO for a week. If one gets relief they can start adding things back in a controlled way and keep track of it. Maybe they could locate the food this way.

Most people I suggest this too are not willing to restrict their diet this much. To me an OJ fast for a week isn't as extreme as taking medication for a long term.