cigs

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

cigs

Post by johndela1 »

For a long time I have read that fat and cholesterol are bad for the heart. After seeing the information here, I now see that this probably isn't so.

I've also heard that cigarettes are bad for my cardiovascular system. I'm not asking if smoking is bad for my lungs. How can I know if smoking is actually bad for my cardiovascular system?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Why do you want to know? They contain the same substances as cooked foods. http://www.waidiet.com/wd-smoking.html

edit: changed link to new version
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Why do I want to know? That is a strange question. I like learning. I don't think anyone can really ever 'know' anything, but I would like to learn more about the research on smoking and how it affects the cardiovascular system.

The link you posted doesn't mention effects of cooked food or smoking on the cardiovascular system. I'm not asking if they cause cancer, but rather do they promote blockages in the arteries.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Have cigarettes been shown to cause acne?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I would like to learn more about the research on smoking and how it affects the cardiovascular system.
There are many studies about this.
did you try searching PubMed?
(for example: use the keywords "cigarettes" and "cardiovascular")
The link you posted doesn't mention effects of cooked food or smoking on the cardiovascular system. I'm not asking if they cause cancer, but rather do they promote blockages in the arteries.
I dont know to what extend HCA's from cigarette smoke are taken up into the bloodstream. If they substantially are, then they will (as HCA's from food) damage fats and cholesterol and other nutrients that may form arterial plague (as they are hard to decompose).