Aquagenic pruritus (water induced itch)

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Aquagenic pruritus (water induced itch)

Post by halfgaar »

Hi,

Since I found a cure for one of my problems on this forum/site, I though I'd ask the people here for help with another one, especially because it is skin related.

I seem to have what is called aquagenic pruritus, in other words, itch after getting wet, either by swimming, shower, sweat, etc. It's not just a minor itch, it's severe, all over my body (except for face and hands it seems) and it drives me completely crazy.

It has been gone for some time, but recently it has appeared again. I have no idea why it came back, or why it went away in the first place.

Oiling up my skin before and/or after contact with water helps, but only a little.

I have absolutely no idea what to do and I hope I can find some answers here.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Seems nasty :(

I've got no idea, unfortunately.

How's your diet been?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

My diet is no longer strictly Wai, because I found things that I can take which I've been gradually taking. The non-raw or non-sanctioned foods I mostly eat are raw-milk cheese, juice from bottles, sprouted wheat bread, alcohol and some spice and salt.

It could be that the reason it went away is because of Wai. Some site about aquagenic pruritus said that one of the things you can do to try to cure it, is not drink alcohol or eat spicy foods, but it didn't give any source for that claim, or even an explanation. I'm just gonna try it. Before Wai, I didn't drink alchohol at all, but I did eat very spicy foods.

Some guy on some forum said cutting wheat from hit diet helped. I did eat wheat before Wai, and recently I've been eating it again in the form of that sprouted wheat bread, so I'm also gonna cut that out.

It's just a bunch of guesses, but I'm willing to try it, because it's quite aggravating. Any help or information anyone can give me, is appreciated.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Since you're cutting out most foods on your list anyway, why not try strictly Wai again and see if that does anything?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I think in practice, that's what I'm doing. Almost anyway.

Today, the itch seemed far less. I'll be continueing this for a week or two I think, before drawing conclusions.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What parts of the skin are most sensitive?
And what parts are the least sensitive?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Most sensitive are my legs, upper arms and upper body. I think the outside of my upper arms the most sensitive. My face, hands and feet are not sensitive at all.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:Most sensitive are my legs, upper arms and upper body. I think the outside of my upper arms the most sensitive. My face, hands and feet are not sensitive at all.
Interesting, because at those sites the 'living' skin is most thick (dead skin cells excluded).
Also, at those sites most muscles are located.
I guess you are also not sensitive in your ears, on your elbows and knees and in your arm- and knee pits?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I guess you are also not sensitive in your ears, on your elbows and knees and in your arm- and knee pits?
That's right. Do you have a hypotheses?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont have a hypothesis, sorry. :(
I do think it has to do with extracting water from the skin. We all know the dehydrative effect that water has (water clings to water), and in those locations there is most water in the skin, so that its also most likely that relatively too much water gets extracted from the skin; dehydration by external water takes place at those locations most easily.

But why is your skin more sensitive?
Thats simply individually different, i guess.
Maybe filtered water is a solution.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Maybe filtered water is a solution.
I also have it when getting wet from sweating, so that's no solution.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Not a total solution, but it may be a solution for washing, taking a bath or shower, no?

Regarding sweat; the less salt your sweat contains, the smaller the dehydrative effect, so that the strict diet must have an effect.
Mrs. Shie

Re: Aquagenic pruritus (water induced itch)

Post by Mrs. Shie »

halfgaar wrote: I seem to have what is called aquagenic pruritus, in other words, itch after getting wet, either by swimming, shower, sweat, etc. It's not just a minor itch, it's severe, all over my body (except for face and hands it seems) and it drives me completely crazy.
I'm so sorry for you. I give one piece of information just for your reference. If your problem is related to the immune system, you could be suffering the consequences of vaccinations in your childhood. There is plenty of information in Internet on the subject. Some links below. Good luck.

http://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/M ... -Back.aspx

http://www.informedchoice.info/

http://www.vaccination.inoz.com/ingredie.html

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/index/
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I don't really trust vaccinations myself and I know all the issues (generally), but I don't think my problem is caused by that. My immune system is quite good and I have no allergies whatsoever.

Lately, I don't have the itch problem. My diet test did not result in anything, except if it has effects on the long term, but that I can't say.

So, in short, I still have no idea how I can cure it. I'm just lucky that it hasn't been bothering me lately, I guess.