Cuts

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Kookaburra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Cuts

Post by Kookaburra »

What do you do when you have a cut? I accidentally knocked my right middle knuckle on the side of the cupboard. It's been a long time since I injured myself that its kinda funny seeing my finger bleed. Can water be in contact with my wound or should I just do nothing and let the blood clot and dry?
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

Drink the blood until bleeding stops. It has the exact chemical make up of... your bood :lol:

On a (more) serious note though... good question!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nothing. I suck on the wound if needed, but that's basically it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, just let the blood clot and dry.
Dont put anything on it.
gracie

Post by gracie »

I just want to say-- I also leave cuts alone, but for a burn, I recommend raw honey.

Two years ago, I tripped (ha ha) and spilled hot soup on my arm and hip. It was pretty gross-looking, and it hurt to walk, shower, or even get dressed for a few days. I couldn't bend my arm for two weeks. I was given silver sufadiazine and had to wash and dress the wounds every few hours--ouch--for almost a month. I had two separate doctors tell me to expect scarring.

I immediately felt the need to sleep a lot, especially in the first few days. I love to wake up at dawn, and now I was sleeping all day. I was fascinated by how my body took over like that.
I also hated the cream and secretly (perhaps stupidly) refused to use it. I hated its artificial smell, and I didn't like how my wound felt after I put it on. But I knew I needed something, and I remembered hearing that honey has anti-bacterial properties. I found a study (I think it was: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1571h15002115x04/) and other research about how honey is great for healing burns.

So I got a jar of raw honey, and the minute I put it on, I loved how it felt. It was extremely soothing.
Now...surprise, I have no scarring (imperceptible). I showed my arm to one of the doctors recently and he was genuinely shocked.

So if you'd like to prevent scarring on a cut, I recommend honey. I already threw all my Neosporin away (after reading something in the Wai book or forum, I think?).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Interesting!
I copied your post to this thread.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'll try to remember that if I ever get a burn. :)
Mr. PC

Re: Cuts

Post by Mr. PC »

I cut my thumb badly about a week ago, while peeling oranges with a serrated knife. I kept it covered at first and it was healing slowly, then I left it uncovered, but later realized it was infected, (there was a red area which continued to grow, feels very weird but not painful.) Now the red is all over my thumb, in spots/clumps that make the skin a little bumpy. Maybe it's not an infection but a dermatitis? Anyway, after seeing the initial red, and letting it grow a little, my mom told me some horror stories about people having to cut off their finger because they didn't put an anti-biotic on it, so I gave in an put on a bunch of polysporin.

At first it helped, but the redness is no longer subsiding and I don't know what to do. Is it contagious? Here are 2 pictures of it; they're a little bury.

http://s9.postimage.org/hwjiit0gv/thumb.jpg
http://s11.postimage.org/fbgp3hmpv/thumb2.jpg
overkees

Post by overkees »

What did you put on it? Did you did what i told you and put coconut oil on it? And as you can read above raw honey? These are both antimicrobal substances. Itś almost impossible to get an infectio if you put that on it.

If you didn't then you really should in the future, whatś the point in asking on the forum if you don't put it to use? If you did than maybe it could' ve been the rust from the knife that is causing trouble.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Well at first I panicked, and yelled for my Dad, who bandaged it, and then left it assuming it would heal on it's own, as most of my cuts do.

Once it was infected, it was too late, and I gave into my mom's fears so used her anti-biotic. Now I need to know how to salvage the situation.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I wonder, should I be soaking it in salt water? Or should I like the infection? Will my saliva do any good at this point? The cut is basically healed; it's the infection I'm worried about.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Go see a MD.
waipete

Infected cut on my knuckle

Post by waipete »

it's got yellow pus and redness around, hard to make a fist. I'm a dishwasher so I think some stuff got under my glove and infected it. I wasn't even aware my kunkle was open, I thought just had a blister from knocking for 30 minutes.

I know if I go to the doctor they are gonna give me anti biotic cream or something, so what then, should I eat egg yolks still if I'm using an antibiotic ointment?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Infected cut on my knuckle

Post by RRM »

Yes, you can keep on eating the egg yolks, as you have been on the diet for a while already.
Make sure to go to the MD, indeed.