red eyes

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: red eyes

Post by Mr. PC »

I'm finding my red eyes have gradually come back. I've tried yawning, and the 'natural tears' eye drops, but nothing seems to be working. I've been on the strict diet, no munch foods, since Wednesday, and hoping that if I can stick it out they might get better. (My sister is making mushrooms and potatoes and it's so hard not to eat one.)

My mom also suggested I get the 'allergy' drops, and use them in combination with the tear drops. I'm weary about the allergy drops, but my mom says they only put a film over your eyes protecting them from pollutants in the atmosphere. I know my eyes became worse after moving to the city, so maybe this is it. Any thoughts?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

With me, I think bacteria or other pathogens in the sinus make red eyes worse.
Since I use a neti pot (with sea salt and xylitol mix), my eyes are looking very white.

In the past, I could cure my eyes by just walking outside for an hour.
A trick I learned recently is cold showers. Make sure you don't get your body in a shock, but when done well, it works perfect (also for other allergic reactions).
dime

Post by dime »

Red eyes is some sort of an allergic reaction. Mine get red whenever I have allergy.
I also think it's some bacteria or particles in the nose, my allergy is essentially sneezing as soon as I wake up for an hour or so and red eyes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper, "width" means: "The state, quality, or fact of being wide".
The spelling you are looking for, is "with".
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I know ... :p

Some weird automatism from HTML times.
Used so many times WIDTH="x" etc. etc.
My hands are not automatically typing this word in a fraction of a second, even when I want to write a word that only looks like that :p
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Kasper, could you explain how you use the pot?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Novidez

Post by Novidez »

When I started Wai, I had the most white sclera ever on my eyes. But, after some time, my eyes, essentially my left eye, has always these little red arteries (?). Specially in the morning. It's curious, because it's also my left eye that has the biggest dark circle (btw, my left eye is the one which sees best. I don't know if this could be related somehow).
Of course, during the day, they tend do disappear, but they still remain till I go to bed.

http://imgur.com/a/9IoNq (in the morning this is really worse)

Kasper, correct me if I'm wrong, I remember you saying that PUFA were the culprit for causing you red eyes. The only main difference that I'm doing right now comparing to my beginning on the Wai Diet, is that I'm eating Hazelnuts almost everyday. Can MUFA cause the same?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

@Novidez when I had issues it was much worse than how it looks with you. Like they were so painful that I couldn't get my lenses in.

More like this:
http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/display_ ... 654926.jpg

I don't know if I ever blamed PUFA for red eyes. But supplementing astaxanthin (also in wild and organic salmon) did give me relief. And astaxanthin does help with stabilising PUFA.

At this moment, I don't take astaxanthine anymore, cause my red eyes almost never come up again anymore. I think there is a correlation between oral and nasal hygiene and my red eyes. And also just doing too much stuff behind a computer.

Btw, MUFA is high in every fat except coconut oil. It is very high in olive oil. I don't think that MUFA causes problems.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Well, it may had sound like an insult comparing how your eyes were :S... But, as I said, in the beginning I was so happy for having such white eyes...
And also just doing too much stuff behind a computer.
Maybe this should be my problem, even though before I was +/- the same time. Dunno if now I am forcing my eyes a little bit more, since I'm reading more at the computer now...

It's interesting how my eyes become whiter when I run (exercise), for example.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Yes my eyes also become whiter from being outside, running, walking, laying under red lamp or infrared lamp. I think it has to do with oxygenation.

Maybe the fact that there is less oxygen when you close your eyes makes them more red in the morning?