weak health and eggyolks.

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

weak health and eggyolks.

Post by Mr. PC »

My uncle has cancer in his liver, lungs, and brain. He doesn't have too much time left, but right now he basically only consumes orange juice, although when he's up t it will eat from the SAD diet.

The doctors say he's extremely sodium deficient and and needs tons of protein. I got him to put his protein powder into fruit shakes rather than milk shakes, but I was wonder if putting eggyolk in his juice would be a good idea (or bad because in his week state he can't fight bacteria.) I haven't heard anything about him using antibiotics but of course I'd double check this first.

Also I figure it would be bad to put the yolk in his shake because the fiber would make it too hard to digest. Would it be harder to digest than, say, a cheeseburger? or frenchfries?
RRM
Administrator

Re: weak health and eggyolks.

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: I was wonder if putting eggyolk in his juice would be a good idea (or bad because in his week state he can't fight bacteria.)
It depends, as he may, or may not, be perfectly able to cope with the traces of salmonella.
When one of my cats (a fan of canned food) was dying of old age, she was extremely weak, but temporarily made a spectacular come back
when she couldnt eat anything, except for raw egg yolk.
I figure it would be bad to put the yolk in his shake because the fiber would make it too hard to digest.
Indeed. It would be better to add the yolk to OJ, or applejuice.
Would it be harder to digest than, say, a cheeseburger? or frenchfries?
No, but differently.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In my opinion, if he's willing to give the diet a try, then:
- stop all (harmful) medication
- slowly build up egg yolks
- quickly decrease harmful substances from diet

Make sure everyone knows there is absolutely no guarantee that it will help in such an extreme situation.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Well I'm just very frightened he would have an adverse reaction to salmonella. Is there any way I can determine whether he'd be able to digest it? He'll occasionally eat fast-food, burgers etc. when he's feeling up to it. I found out the reason he's been doing better recently is steroids, but apparently that's only good for a few days, so I'm thinking he'll probly die after that. I guess it's a lost cause.

Should I just try out 1 drop of eggyolk? would that be too little to have any effect? or would it still be too dangerous? I'm also thinking, if anything happened to him after having the yolk, even if it weren't caused by it, I might (probly would) be blamed.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

That's a very difficult question to answer, sorry. It depends on too many factors. Maybe start with one teaspoon?
If you decide to do it, you might want to explain to everyone exactly what you're doing/trying to do. Make sure everyone knows beforehand that things can go wrong, but then again it's already a lost cause, to prevent you from getting the blame. Also make sure your uncle knows and agrees (maybe with others present) to what you're going to do.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: Is there any way I can determine whether he'd be able to digest it?
Egg yolks are very easy to digest; no fiber, no connective tissue, no damaged protein etc.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Oh ya, I didn't mean hard to digest, I meant to say safe for him to eat.

I think I'm just gonna play it safe with the yolks though. He just wants to enjoy his last few days (he even started drinking again), and that's probly what he should be doing come to think of it.
panacea

Post by panacea »

that's what I would be doing
well not drinking... but..
cakes+chips+soda+quadruplemeat cheeseburgers, you name it.

On a serious note though, it's not the ones who actually leave that suffer, but the ones left behind. So you might want to look at what will ease your own pain, maybe talk to someone (or us!). A lot of the time people will put guilt on themselves, even though it's completely irrational (for instance, almost everyone finds a way to say they could have 'saved' their loved ones, when they pass away, and sometimes beat themselves up inside about it for a long time, when really those loved ones are long gone and feel no suffering, it's your own mind that's in turmoil.)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well said panacea. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

hear, hear
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ya, I totally agree. Actually I've said to people IRL that the one I'm really concerned about is my mom, but they usually interpret that as me being inhumane.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The word "inhumane" is a funny one. Like many qualitative adjectives, for example good/evil/bad, right/wrong, it depends on one's perspective. As such it's very easy to disagree about it when used.