Stiches and antibiotics / creams

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Stiches and antibiotics / creams

Post by Mr. PC »

So on the weekend my little cousin came up, and I stupidly went on his skateboard and feel down a flight of concrete steps headfirst backward. I hit my head against the concrete wall at the bottom, and cut my finger open, which needed stitches. (I realize I'm posting/writing a lot today for someone with only 1 hand to type with).

Anyway, my mom wants to put antibiotics and stuff onto the stitches, and I couldn't really find anything reliable about this on the net. Should I let her? I'm really concerned because I need my fingers to be 100%. Is there anything I should put on the stitches? I have a hard time even looking at the finger, I'd feel better leaving it alone.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Stiches and antibiotics / creams

Post by RRM »

You should leave it alone as much as possible,
and have the wound checked regularly.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ah, thanks RRM

I caved into the pressure last night when my mom opened up her antiseptic cream, which would've been wasted if not used on me. I understand that if it's not really helping me it's still a waste.

Anyway I won't do anything with it anymore. The gauss she wrapped around it was really tight though, the first time she did it I actually asked her to take it off and redo it more loosely, because it was too painful. It was still a little painful the second time, and it's not now, but I'm not sure if there are any bad effects of having it too tight. The one from the hospital was so loose I could take it off as I wanted.

The fingers doing a lot better today though btw, I was even moving electric pianos and drums around, and picking up kids with both hands today (the rest of the week I could only pick them up with my right hand. I think my kid carrying muscles are actually much stronger than all my other muscles, because I find that task quite easily even though I'm abnormally thin and weak.) Anyway I realize I shouldn't be doing any of that, but for some reason I don't have a lot of inhibition this week. I was even playing piano and bass at band practice last night. Oops, sorry to ramble on about personal life. . .

Should I try to hold my finger strait? or let it bend however it just falls naturally?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Oops, sorry to ramble on about personal life. . .
Please continue; its always a very interesting read!
Should I try to hold my finger strait? or let it bend however it just falls naturally?
Both, as your skin needs to be able to cope with both positions.
So, only occasionally try to hold your fingers straight.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So the stitches came out today, which kindof hurt :/

I want to go swimming with the kids (I work at a camp), but I'm not sure if it's a good idea still. I've been having to pick kids up and throw them into the water with only 1 arm (I think my kid carrying muscles are bigger than my other muscles. For some reason I find them really easy to carry around, but in general I'm pretty weak).

Anyway, should I abstain from swimming?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It depends on how the wound is healed. If it's completely closed then it should be okay. If you're not sure, then wait a few days until you're sure. Water softens the protective blood crust, which is what you do not want to happen.