Normal blood levels? (uric acid, creatinine, cholesterol)

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Rivera
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Normal blood levels? (uric acid, creatinine, cholesterol)

Post by Rivera »

Ok thanks. I don't know if I must create a new topic for each or if I must ask here but what about uric acid? Do you consider 35-72 a normal range?
Having 29 on this diet is bad? What does it mean regarding the diet?

And what is for you the normal levels of creatinine and LDL/HDL cholesterol?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Normal blood levels? (uric acid, creatinine, cholesterol

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:what about uric acid?
As nitrogen is the final breakdown product of protein in general (Protein > Ammonium > Urea)
uric acid is the final breakdown product of specifically purine, and also excreted in urine. (Purine > xanthine and hypoxanthine > Uric acid)
Half of the nucleotides, the building blocks of DNA and RNA, are purines.

Uric acid (2,6,8 Trioxypurine, or urate) is a bicyclic, heterocyclic purine derivative.
Uric acid and its salts (with Na, K, Mg, Ca) easily recrystallize.
Uric acid has both toxic and potent antioxidant properties.

Most mammals can break down uric acid to allantoin, but humans lost that ability, (probably due to a low intake of purines)
as much as they lost the ability to produce vitamin C. (due to a natural diet high in vitamin C)
Elevated levels of uric acid are generally caused by impaired kidney functioning (5 to 25% of humans),
as 70% of the disposal of uric acid occurs via the kidneys.
Low levels of uric acid are generally caused by a low intake of purines (the wai diet),
which is perfectly fine, as the body composes the purines it needs (from the amino acids glycine, glutamine, and aspartic acid).
Do you consider 35-72 a normal range?
Having 29 on this diet is bad? What does it mean regarding the diet?
29 what? (what unit? mg/L?)
In human blood plasma, the reference range of uric acid is between 3.6 and 8.3 mg/d, which is 36 to 83 mg/L
Normally, low uric acid levels just mean that you consume little purines (as on the wai diet),
which is perfectly ok.
If its 29 mg/L, you certainly will not have gout.

Gout is a specific type of arthritis in which (needle-like) uric acid crystals precipitate in joints and capillaries.
Elevated serum uric acid (hyperuricemia) can result from high intake of purine-rich foods, and/or impaired excretion by the kidneys.
Saturation levels of uric acid in blood may result in one form of kidney stones when the urate crystallizes in the kidney.
Actually, gout can occur where serum uric acid levels are as low as 6 mg/dL (~357µmol/L or 60 mg/L),
but an individual can have serum values as high as 9.6 mg/dL (~565µmol/L or 96 mg /L) and not have gout.
You mean for the Wai diet?
We have not investigated that for the wai diet specifically, but i dont think it will be beyond 'normal' maximum/minimum levels.
What are your levels?
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:
You mean for the Wai diet?
We have not investigated that for the wai diet specifically, but i dont think it will be beyond 'normal' maximum/minimum levels.
What are your levels?
For the normal levels, I meant for optimal health.
My levels are:
ldl: 1.41 g/l
hdl: 0.60 g/l 1.55mmol
vldl: 0.13 g/l

I don't understand how the levels of LDL and HDL show how much you have that bad cholesterol? It is created by heat, so how that part/that change appears in the level of LDL/HDL?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: My levels are:
ldl: 1.41 g/l
hdl: 0.60 g/l 1.55mmol
vldl: 0.13 g/l
Officially, your ("Bad") LDL is borderline high,
your ("Good") HDL is medium-high,
so that your HDL/LDL ratio is "normal".
VLDL is another transporter like LDL
I don't understand how the levels of LDL and HDL show how much you have that bad cholesterol?
It is currently recognized as a simplistic view, but its still the official guideline.
some It is created by heat, so how that part/that change appears in the level of LDL/HDL?
Probably, HDL and LDL have different affinities for oxidized cholesterols, so that this may effect what ratio seems to be healthy.

If you worry about your relatively high levels of both HDL and LDL:
Wikipedia:
"the Vorarlberg Health Monitoring and Promotion Programme, in which men of all ages and women over 50 with very low cholesterol were increasingly likely to die of cancer, liver diseases, and mental diseases".
Why?
Because cholesterol is an essential nutrient, in many ways.