Cell renewal / replication

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
djkvan
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Cell renewal / replication

Post by djkvan »

RRM wrote:Fiber is very hard to digest
Fruit fiber is certainly more intestine-friendly than, say, grain or vegetable fiber.

The lining of the intestine is renewed at an extraordinary rate, outpacing all other tissues in the vertebrate body. The renewal process is neatly organized in space, so that the whole production line, from the ever-youthful stem cells to their dying, terminally differentiated progeny, is laid out to view in histological sections. A flurry of recent papers has clarified the key regulatory signals and brought us to the point where we can begin to give a coherent account, for at least one tissue, of how these signals collaborate to organize the architecture and behaviour of a stem-cell system.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Cell renewal / replication

Post by Oscar »

Uhm, I seem to miss the connection between: "Fruit fiber is certainly more intestine-friendly than, say, grain or vegetable fiber." and the rest.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sure, the lining of the intestine is renewed rapidly, but the question is:
Do you want to speed up that process? (fiber, toxins)
Or do you want to slow it down as much as possible? (easy to digest, no toxins)

Equally so, skin cell renewal is fast too, and we try not to accelerate that by smoking cigarettes,
too much direct sunlight exposure, etc.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

(@Oscar:) Hi. :) I was indicating with the accompanying that the epithelium (which I understand to be protective of the villae) renews itself quickly anyways. Much epithelial renewal must lead to much mucoid plaque in the stool, I imagine.

If I understand you correctly, RRM (hi to you too, :) ), you are saying that the damage to the epithelium is what is responsible for its need to renew itself, and that, due to the theoretical limited reproductive capacity of individual cells, this renewal process should be kept to a minimum if at all possible.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I ran out of edit time...

I envisioned Charlie Chaplin working on an assembly line in a factory, with the parts moving by on a conveyor belt. At first he is able to perform his job quite efficiently and is visibly proud of himself. But then, the villain enters the factory, and, with an evil grin on his face, flips the switch responsible for controlling the speed of the conveyor belt. Suddenly parts begin to zoom past poor Charlie and he eventually becomes visibly overwhelmed. He begins making mistake after mistake as parts fly by him and start falling off the end of the belt, accumulating on the floor. Kinda like that, eh? Perhaps a mathematical efficiency model applies in this situation, where the body has only a certain amount of energy/resources available at any given time for optimal performance of any one function. Whether it be it elimination, reconstruction, immune response, digestion, cognition, or respiration, when one function is performed at a higher than optimal level it takes energy away from the body's ability to perform the other functions, leading to degeneration.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Correct: due to the theoretical limited reproductive capacity of individual cells, this renewal process should be kept to a minimum.
Replication is limited, so that acceleration of replication leads to eventual exhaustion sooner.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I think for most people it comes down to money, juicing everything got really expensive for me, because I couldn't buy a slow juicer, and even if I did, any juicer can't get as much nutrients out of a fruit as eating it whole, right?

Fruit fiber, in the few fruits I eat (oranges and their cousins, bananas, watermelon) the fiber doesn't seem to be worth the extra money and time to get rid of it, as surely the extra work I'd have to put in at my minimum wage job to buy the tools and more fruit needed would age me a lot more rapidly ;)

I do peel off all the excess strands of fiber alongside the banana and around the middle of oranges though, as it just doesn't taste good.

The main thing I think people should be focusing on is simplicity and being in their budget, not trying to get every single detail correct before they begin like so many (including me) do at first, they should be getting the timing (many snacks a day) and food combining (for me, that's one food at a time only, simple!) right.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

:)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Yep. For me it is coming down to that. I am still trying with juicing most of it, but hmm.. 4kg oranges yields me a little less than 2 litres juice.. Hmm.. we'll see.. I try to find where to buy larger quantities cheaper.. But when it comes to cheap fruit that still tastes good Lidl is my source.. cuz that's the fruit I can afford. 2kg oranges now €2.