Aquagenic Pruritus

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
dandate2
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Aquagenic Pruritus

Post by dandate2 »

this evening i got plastered with a case of aquagenic pruritus, i've only experienced it a couple times and it was when i started wai and today i followed wai perfectly. omg it itches !
RRM
Administrator

Re: Aquagenic Pruritus

Post by RRM »

According to Wiki,
Aquagenic pruritus is a skin disease characterized by severe itching without observable skin lesions
and that is evoked by contact with water.
Wiki wrote:
"One sufferer has reported that showering after exercise instead of first thing in the morning helps."
"Liberal applications of baby oil before or after bathing, or lanolin-free Aqueous cream, an emollient,
immediately after drying off from a bath or shower can help to reduce the symptoms of the condition."
"Some sufferers control the itch by turning the shower water to hot for the last 5 minutes,
and/or using heatpads or hairdryers on their skin immediately after showering.
However, others find that excessive heat during bathing can actually worsen the pruritus, and limit the water temperature to tepid.
The use of cotton clothes and bedding can prevent itch or provide relief to some sufferers.
Some have said that applying ice or ice cold water on the legs immediately soothes the itching, however, it can return.
Using a shower cream or shower oil like Dove Body Wash (the blue label) or Eucerin Calming Body Wash can also relieve symptoms.
In some cases taking a bath instead a quick shower may help."
"Since pruritus is sometimes believed to be a result of histamine", maybe it is triggered by (the allergy for) a certain fruit or other food.
You never experienced it before the diet?
What foods did you eat for the very first time while on this diet?
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

only thing new is raw tuna; in the past i'd have it as sushi very rarely. also been consuming considerably large amounts (to the normal person) of olive oil. i dump it on everything
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dandate2 wrote:only thing new is raw tuna; in the past i'd have it as sushi very rarely
then its not new, right?
also been consuming considerably large amounts (to the normal person) of olive oil. i dump it on everything
Thats a better suspect in my opinion.
You may consider buying denocciolato: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1250
or replacing it by another oil.