Taxing the digestive system

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
djkvan
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Taxing the digestive system

Post by djkvan »

[EDIT by RRM] Moved from another thread [/EDIT]

Although it is not Wai to eat the egg white, concentrated fats are taxing on the digestive system, especially the gall bladder, which must secrete bile salts to emulsify them before being passed on to the jejunum. The white balance the equation better for digestion. Egg white is actually an emulsifier which serves to take the burden off the gall bladder. From:

http://chestofbooks.com/food/science/Ex ... ormed.html
Fig. 26 shows an emulsion of corn oil and egg white. When the oil is added gradually to the egg white, a foam as well as an emulsion is formed. The large white spheres are air bubbles. The oil is colored red and in the photomicrograph shows black. The illustration also shows that the oil is adsorbed in the film or layer at the interface between a liquid and a gas.
There is an accompanying photomicrograph (Fig.26) on the referenced link which shows the emulsion that has been formed.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

taxing digestive system

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:concentrated fats are taxing on the digestive system, especially the gall bladder, which must secrete bile salts to emulsify them
Every food requires digestion, so they all are 'taxing on the digestive system'.
And to digest fats, bile acids are required, which is also a means for the body to eliminate redundant cholesterol.
Living is taxing your body.
The foods included in this diet are relatively easy to digest, which actually means less 'taxing'.
Consuming the egg white means that you will not utilize the egg yolk's biotin (vitamin B8 or H).
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2373&p=29294#p29294
And, egg white contains yet another anti nutrient: ovomucoid.
djkvan

Emulsification of fats and the gallbladder.

Post by djkvan »

You removed the info about the emulsification of fats and the gallbladder. Too inflammatory? You are selecting what truth others get to see. Could you at least put it in the non-Wai thread or something? Sheesh.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Taxing the digestive system

Post by RRM »

The info about emulsification of fats and the gallbladder was interesting,
but it was off topic.
You do that a lot, and every time somebody does that, i have to move that post to a new (thats what i did),
or the appropriate thread, or simply delete it.