Low blood sugar

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
slea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Low blood sugar

Post by slea »

I've been doing the Wai diet off and on for seven years. I have always had low blood sugar problems, way before I found Wai. When I am 100% I don't have this problem. Duh, I know. :roll: Unfortuately, I fall off the wagon sometimes and that plays with my blood sugar level. I am still striving to stay 100%. Hopefully one day when I finally grow up! :D When it gets low, it seems like I have to over eat to get it to feel normal. My appetite is endless when it is low and I can't control my cravings which is sometimes why I give into cooked food. I know the difference between cravings and blood sugar balance in my body, so this is how I can tell when it is too low, out of control appetite.

Is there some thing specific I can eat to bring my blood sugar balance in quicker without eating so much food? Like a certain combination of fats and sugars or something like that? Right now, I still haven't found that magic combo. I am trying to lose over weight is the reason I am concerned about consuming so much in one setting.

Thanks for being here! I really appreciate all your research and knowledge! :)
dime

Re: Low blood sugar

Post by dime »

What I would probably do is, drink orange juice with glucose (dextrose) added, which will quickly increase the blood sugar level back to normal, and then eat something satisfying, like nuts or avocados for example, in order to shutdown those cravings. Probably avocados would be best, as they will also help keep the sugar up for some time (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2772).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:When it gets low, it seems like I have to over eat to get it to feel normal.
Yes, thats normal.
Its because by then your reserves are empty too (glycogen in liver and muscles),
so that you need to replenish at least liver glycogen to be able to stabilize the blood sugar,
and also muscle glycogen to be able to be active and still keep the blood sugar level stable.
Is there some thing specific I can eat to bring my blood sugar balance in quicker without eating so much food?
As Dime said, OJ with dextrose would be very efficient.
Add a little oil as well.
As you will need to replenish glycogen stores as well, avocado is not such a good solution as it inhibits glycogen production somewhat.
But, yes, consuming some raw nuts will satisfy.
slea

Post by slea »

Thanks for the replies. I will give that a shot next time. Usually I try to eat an apple or two with some nuts, but that still leaves me feeling unsatisfied. I will definately try the oj with sugar instead. Can I do egg yolk with it too, or is the olive oil a better option?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:Usually I try to eat an apple or two with some nuts, but that still leaves me feeling unsatisfied.
Thats because the sugar concentration is low,
and you still need to digest the food.
OJ and sugar works much more effectively and instantly.