Hair Loss, Androgens, Insulin, Sugar

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
finnishfiend
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hair Loss, Androgens, Insulin, Sugar

Post by finnishfiend »

Hi, I have acne and I am also starting to show early signs of hair loss and have been doing some reading on it. Though no one seems to be able to pin point what accelerates/decelerates male pattern balding I have read that there might be a connection between insulin resistance and early androgenic alopecia.

I have also read that there is a connection between increased androgens due to foods that spike blood sugar levels. And thus a connection between high GI food consumption and raised DHT, sebum production, and acne.

My question is how does this diet affect blood sugar levels? Especially if we are consuming so much simple sugar. I understand that you guys recommend to consume energy regularly. But how much sugar can you eat at one time to prevent blood sugar spikes?

Does adding oil to sugar really slow down its absorption into the blood stream? I remember reading somewhere that some of you who drink OJ with added sugar don't just chug it down, but rather take small sips often.

And on a more anecdotal note, has anyone had any negative effects on hair with this diet?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

This diet is perfect for maintaining steady secretion of insulin, provided you consume small meals (say, one piece of fruit) followed by sufficient fat (general rule is 2 grams carbs for every gram of fat).

This diet is also perfect for hair, because not only do you absorb all essential B vitamins, but fatty foods such as avocado, olive oil, egg yolk, and raw salmon also contain essential fatty acids and nutrients for your hair.

As long as you are sure not to conume too much sugar at once (without balanced fat), you will be fine.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Hair Loss, Androgens, Insulin, Sugar

Post by RRM »

finnishfiend wrote:how much sugar can you eat at one time to prevent blood sugar spikes?
As much as you need to replenish your blood sugar; only consuming more energy than required at that moment, will cause such a spike.
So, the key is to constantly consume very small meals, so that you only replenish lost blood-sugar.
Does adding oil to sugar really slow down its absorption into the blood stream?
No, it decreases the amount of sugar required to replenish blood energy levels (fat plus sugar). Not adding oil puts all the strain on the intake of sugar, which therefore needs to be bigger, with greater spikes.
finnishfiend

Post by finnishfiend »

That makes sense. I just had the intuitive feeling that consuming "sugar" would increase blood glucose more than a regular diet. Then it occured to me (because I had looked it up before) that sucrose has a lower glycemic index than certain breads. And therefore slowly consuming sucrose cannot be worse than eating large amounts of bread in one sitting- which is not uncommon in a typical western diet (and even promoted by some).

I guess my next question is, I have read that some people have been eating this way for quite some time. I assume that those people are interested in the long term effects of eating this way. Has anyone who has been on this diet for an extended period of time (years) had physical checkups or blood work done? How did it turn out?

Sorry for the personal questions, it is not my intention to get personal information from people, but just to continue the discussion of the safety of eating this way.
finnishfiend

Post by finnishfiend »

I mis-worded my defense of slowly eating sugar in comparison with bread, but you all understand this diet anyway. Regardless of whether GI is high or low, more important is the quantity of food eaten and the need for energy that determines blood sugar spikes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Has anyone who has been on this diet for an extended period of time (years) had physical checkups or blood work done? How did it turn out?
Yes, different people had, with great results. For you, only your results will be proof for you though.