Pesticides from fruit vs toxins from cooked foods

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
mario91
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Pesticides from fruit vs toxins from cooked foods

Post by mario91 »

dime wrote:Germs and parasites, yes. But it doesn't do anything about the toxins that have been produced by the bad bacteria (not all are bad guys) in spoiled meet.
That's nice to know! Thanks.
dime

Post by dime »

And there are some that don't get killed but actually activated by cooking :) I know about rice, at some point I was thinking about preparing enough for a week and storing it in the fridge, and then I found out about this: http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghea ... 475255.htm
mario91

Post by mario91 »

dime wrote:And there are some that don't get killed but actually activated by cooking :) I know about rice, at some point I was thinking about preparing enough for a week and storing it in the fridge, and then I found out about this: http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghea ... 475255.htm
Really interesting! :)

I wanna report another situation now:
Yesterday I did 2 liters of peeled apple juice in my masticating juicer.
After hand-peeling like 50 small apples, my hands smelled awful. Kind of a moldy, rusty smell, really intense.
I drank about 0.5 liter with olive oil.
Just as soon as I finished, I started feeling some kinda moldy-aroma gas all over my throat and mouth. When I went to bed, about 1 hour after, the feeling got much more intense. It seemed like I had smoked 100 cigarettes. I was exhaling that gas/aroma, and I was breathing quite fast and deep.
But I instinctively knew I would be fine next morning. So I just feel asleep. And in the morning, I was indeed recovered.

This had happened to me before, this moldy-rusty breathing, but never with and intensity that would make me bother about it.
This time I felt it much more.

The answer is quite clear from me: pesticides. I'll never eat store apples again, nor pears. They always made me feel this, but like I said, I couldn't even notice/feel/bother till now.
dime

Post by dime »

Wow they must have been very heavily pesticidized.. I have never noticed this.
I don't like apples, haven't bought any for a long time. But pears when well ripen.. are just amazing! My favourite fruit now.
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

I've had pesticide or herbicide-laced watermelon several times. It makes me very dizzy for a few hours. I like good watermelon, and nothing's marked organic where I live, so sometimes I risk it and its generally fine. I think we recover faster when the pesticides are in food we eat raw, but the effect can also be more pronounced.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

I love pear and apple juices, that's what bothers me now :(
I've never had a bit of this moldy breathing I referred with other fruits btw. Only with bananas maybe, but very lightly.

sunmaiden wrote:I've had pesticide or herbicide-laced watermelon several times. It makes me very dizzy for a few hours. I like good watermelon, and nothing's marked organic where I live, so sometimes I risk it and its generally fine. I think we recover faster when the pesticides are in food we eat raw, but the effect can also be more pronounced.
Yes, might be. But the big issue is more like the long term effects... it's not one case that's gonna be harmful to your health, but keeping on ingesting lots of pesticides day, after day, after day... but again, I come to conclude that eating thick-peel fruits will keep us save about this (the watermelon issue seems quite uncommon to me! hope you can get other fruits more "clean" :) )
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

Yes, I can and do get many other fruits. I've heard that watermelons soak up a bunch of residues from groundwater, as they are made up mostly of water and a shorter lived plant than, say a fruit tree, with better filtration system. So, in my opinion, melons are something to be careful of, even when peeled... But in most cases peeling helps. Conventionally grown pineapples, mangos, oranges, avocados, and other thick skinned produce is quite safe I think.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I must add that I had supermarket pear juice and after drinking 1 L of it I felt very sick and didn't drink the rest of it. I didn't peel them because I thought my juicer would do that for me. Boy was I wrong.

I only buy organic apples and pears now, but since they contain little nutrients I only buy them when there is an offer.

And yes, sunmaiden, I think you're right. If the plant is deeply rooted in the ground it will absorb much less pesticides than other plants. For the basic diet I eat oranges, bananas, pineapples, kiwis and mangoes. Those are always safe and have never given me the feeling like I sometimes get when eating a lot of pears and apples from the supermarket.

I've also experienced troubles with varieties of egg yolks. Here in Europe we have a code for eggs. A zero would mean it's biologic and a 3 would mean it's from a cagechicken. When I take yolks which are numbered 0 they always taste delicious. But the number 2 varies between brands. The number 3 is really afwul.
Still I think yolks would be safest of all animal foods. Because it's meant to be a baby, so it really needs to be nutrient dense and almost no toxins in it. That's why I don't buy them organic, but buy number 1 or number 2.