Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Brahmaloka
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

low fiber & IBS

Post by Brahmaloka »

I have IBS-D

Basically this means my brain has no control over my digestive system. It simply free runs (literally and figuratively).

I am treating myself with a low fiber version of Wais diet. No fruit only juice and one walnut a day. Also butter, egg yolks, raw fish, honey and glucose.

Has anyone else got long term experience of such a low fiber diet and can offer advice?
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com
Monique

Re: low fiber & IBS

Post by Monique »

my bowels get irritated from fiber
mostly drink sieved juices. in d start i was hungry coz i missed filled stomach
not anymore
what do u need advice 4?
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

It is always handy if someone who has been there can assist. I am struggling a bit with managing food intake so that my energy stays OK. I get to feel good and then my digestion knocks me down again.

I am! Practice makes perfect.
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

So, what exactly is your struggle with food intake?
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

I feel well for a few days and then crash and take a few more days to recover.

no doubt i will master it with practice...
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Please describe your crash, and what proceeds it.
Do you contineously keep on ingesting small meals?
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

I am much improved, am having frequent sugar top ups in between juices. This is good
www.ibsexplained.com
Brahmaloka

IBS

Post by Brahmaloka »

I am continuing to develope a treatment for IBS using a low fiber version of Wais Diet.

I am now well, not cured but well.

I have added butter and cream as anesthetics to reduce the accelerating effect of the little fiber I eat and am managing fluid intake to slow the digestion as well.

Research is ongoing....

Email for details of this special diet... :)
www.ibsexplained.com
spring

Post by spring »

Is some fiber OK? Like psyllium fiber? It is very soft and not scratchy, and works as a bulking agent. I don't think it turns into cotton thread and twists and cuts colon like ingesting cotton wool does. It's not harsh like fiber in grain bread is. Psyllium is found in the common laxative Metamucil. I have to have some kind of fiber because I am easily constipated otherwise - it's genetic in my case.
Brahmaloka

IBS

Post by Brahmaloka »

Yes I need to have some fiber. Fiber starts movement. Without it there is no movement. Fiber also releases liver and pancreatic enzymes. Without these fat and protein cannot be digested.

BUT in my case movement is only one speed... very fast indeed.

So I minimize fiber. Just a little low fiber fruits and nuts. Equivalent of about one small apple and 4-5 walnutz daily. I eat it with fatz and animal foods to release digestive enzymes.

Even this amount would be too much without adding special dairy to my diet. NZ cream and butter. These create mucous and reduce the stimulating effect of the fiber. The opioid peptides slow movement as well.

I have a few accidents tho. When this happens I take 2-300mL of cream as emergency medicine or stop eating and take only juice.
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Re: IBS

Post by RRM »

Brahmaloka wrote:Fiber starts movement. Without it there is no movement. Fiber also releases liver and pancreatic enzymes. Without these fat and protein cannot be digested.
Thats not entirely true. You can live on animal food only, without any fiber, and still have bowel movements, simply because most animal food also contains to some extend parts that are not digested (connective tissue).
In other words: when there is something inside the bowels that cannot be digested and therefore needs to be deported, it will be deported. If there is nothing to deport, nothing gets deported.

So, technically, you dont need any fiber to move your bowels, but yes, you need something in your bowels that needs to be deported in order to initiate that deportation process. Then, however, there is no 'need', of course, as the fiber is needed for nothing but its own deportation.
Brahmaloka

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)

Post by Brahmaloka »

I have written a scientific paper on IBS and it is almost ready to publish.

The research confirms Wais conclusions about high fiber, cooked food diets.

I am seeking help from interested people who would like to read the paper prior to publication. I would like opinions please on whether it is understandable, logical etc.

If you would like to help please email...

:) Brahms
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I would like to help (one paper of mine has been published in a scientific magazine).
jay

Post by jay »

I can help. I'm a grad student and have some experience with this sort of thing.
Brahmaloka

IBS

Post by Brahmaloka »

Sorry to have been so long replying.

The paper is published...

Dobson BC, The small intestine and irritable bowel syndrome
Med Hypotheses (2008), doi:10.1016/j.mehy.2008.06.015

It is online now at the journal and will be in hard copy soon.

If you wish to receive a prepress version of the paper please email.

:D
www.ibsexplained.com