dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Low cortisol

Post by dime »

Hm, what about an alarm clock?
overkees

Post by overkees »

I am immune to alarm clocks. I sleep throuh m all. I have to set three alarms and still I can't wake up. I also use a sleep app on my phone. It wakes me up in my light sleep by registering movements. This works quite good. I am now able to get out of bed 3 days in the week after 7 hours with it, but there are times it goes off for like 50 minutes straight and my phone is dead because it consumes alot of battery power.
The biggest problem: I can wake up by the alarm clock if I'm lucky, but within 10 seconds I fall asleep again. But it's frekkin hard to get out of bed within 10 seconds. And if I manage to do it, I am soooo tired for the next 2 hours that I only can think about sleeping and sometimes fall asleep on the ground.
That is why I want to wake up naturally, if I wake up naturAlly I always feel very very good! And this only happens when my cp is 40 after waking.
dime

Post by dime »

Sounds terrible, I can imagine it's pretty hard.
And I don't think taking cortisol pills would help, because they probably have immediate effect, whereas cortisol in the body normally follows some natural diurnal pattern.
I guess you have a good incentive then to work on keeping the CP high. My motivation is keeping allergy low.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I am immune to alarm clocks. I sleep throuh m all. I have to set three alarms and still I can't wake up. I also use a sleep app on my phone. It wakes me up in my light sleep by registering movements. This works quite good. I am now able to get out of bed 3 days in the week after 7 hours with it, but there are times it goes off for like 50 minutes straight and my phone is dead because it consumes alot of battery power.
The biggest problem: I can wake up by the alarm clock if I'm lucky, but within 10 seconds I fall asleep again. But it's frekkin hard to get out of bed within 10 seconds. And if I manage to do it, I am soooo tired for the next 2 hours that I only can think about sleeping and sometimes fall asleep on the ground.
That is why I want to wake up naturally, if I wake up naturAlly I always feel very very good! And this only happens when my cp is 40 after waking.
Sounds very similar, although, my sleep is 10 hours normally, before buteyko, so I'm a little bit better off I guess.
dime

Post by dime »

I started logging my sleep, on average it's 7.3 hours for the past 9 days (no alarms).
On the other hand my CP is at least half from yours.. go figure.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Changed my mind, I'm actually going to try out as well.
Any updates overkees ?
dime

Post by dime »

Just in case you've missed this:
The European Commission 2008 report suggested that "people should not consume any more than 100mg of glycyrrhizic acid a day, for it can raise blood pressure or cause muscle weakness, chronic fatigue, headaches or swelling, and lower testosterone levels in men."
and
3-β-D-(monoglucuronyl)-18-β-glycyrrhetinic acid, a metabolite of glycyrrhetinic acid, inhibits the conversion of active cortisol to inactive cortisone in the kidneys. This occurs via inhibition of the enzyme by inhibiting the enzyme 11-β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. As a result, cortisol levels are high within the collecting duct of the kidney.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well, i woke up naturally after 7 hours today. I have ordered the extract from the US and it hasnt arrived yet. So I don't know yet..

I will start experimenting on a very low dose if my sleep gets worse again
overkees

Post by overkees »

Today I have broken through 40MCP. I am now above 50 CP. I woke up after 4 hours of sleep naturally, I feel very energetic, but a bit weird, probably due to cleansing reactions. I have smoked for a year of 5-6 and I'm assuming I will get some cough attacks where I cough up some tar, because this is always the case for smokers happening after a while on +40CP. I already have been smoking less than 3 packs a week for 1 year though. And the last couple of months 1 pack average, I haven't smoked for 1.5 weeks now. I don't feel the urge anymore.

Yesterday I did alot of running and cycling, after that I went to the sauna, here I took 2 baths for a total of +30 minutes of 10 degrees celsius and only focused on breathing. I went to bed, breathing 1 or 2 times per minute. I must also add that I have an airwasher in my room, venta airwash, it's a very good machine! I combine this with an ionization lamp.

I now must see to stay here for at least 2 weeks, then I can't fall back too quickly again because my GI tract will restore. I will probably get another sauna soon and continue on running alot and practicing breathing exercises. I've got a very good feeling about it.
dime

Post by dime »

Low carb diet elevates cortisol: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.asp ... id=1199154
It elevates for the purpose of making glucose out of protein though, so it's not a good way to go for increasing cortisol.