Negative ions

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Negative ions

Post by Kasper »

Btw, I'm going to hire a ionisator for 2 months.
I want to try out first (cost are 60 euro's, but if I decide to pay, I only need to pay 30 euro's for hiring).
It's very expensive, and I have no idea what the effects would be, but I think this is one of the best ionisators out there.
http://www.lightair.com/products/ionflo ... 50-surface

Concentrations of negative ions in different places:
- Waterfall and forest: 50,000 per cm3
- Mountains and Sea: 5,000 per cm3
- Suburb, meadow, field: 700-1500 per cm3
- City Park: 400-600 per cm3
- Pavement: 100-200 per cm3
- Property in city: 40-50 per cm3
- Closed-conditioned office: 0-25 per cm3

I was quite shocked by the difference between sea level and a city park/pavement.
Quit a difference.

This ionflow thing is easily generating the same effects (regarding negative ions) as waterfalls/forersts tend to do.
The main reason I'm want to test this out, is because computer use in my room always make me look pale and my eyes look red.
Even at my school, I get less red eyes.
When using a computer outside, I don't get red eyes.
I'm hoping that this thing will make me not have to worry about this, and creating the effects I have outside (or even better).
panacea

Re: 7 weeks to reach CP 60 24/7

Post by panacea »

I tried the ionizer thing before, made sure to get the best model etc, it gave me sore throat and eventually gave me colds
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Hm... weird.. which model?

The reviews on the internet for this one are quite good btw.
Alltough, most people who reviewed, had asthma, and I don't have asthma...
But still, if it's producing the same beneficial effects for the air, as the air outside, or even the air qualtiy of forests/waterfalls etc.
Than I guess it should give beneficial results even for non-asthmatics.

I think that bad air quality is creating (silent) inflammation in the lungs.
Also for healthy people.
I found a couple of reviews that people that are using this ionizer are sleeping less, and feel more energetic.
So I think it acutally did lower inflammation in their lungs.

Another reviewer told it cured his red eyes.
That's what I really want.
Cause I have big dilemma with that.
I really benefit from making mindmaps/powerpoints for solving math exercises.
I also watch a lot of math colleges online.
So I guess I'm going to use computers for at least 4 hours a day.

But on the other hand, I frequently get red eyes from computer use.
Not as bad as it used to be, but I just see them becomming looking less and less healthy.
This constant histamine release in my eyes, is worrying me.
Histamine triggers PGD2, depletes cortisol.
And I think that therefore it is a big factor in my sleep problems.
dime

Post by dime »

Nice that you can rent it, seems quite expensive otherwise.
It says it generates 250,000 negative ions/cm3 (!) and no ozone, so it must be good.

It's for 50m2, I wonder what happens if you put it in a 25m2 room for example? Does it generate 500,000 negative ions??

Have you read this btw: http://www.mold-kill.com/ions.html
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

The exact some moment you were posting this, I was reading this article.
http://www.lightairshop.eu/shop/media/u ... report.pdf
Coincidence ? :)
But I think that website you posted is mostly some bold statements, and not much of good sources.
Look at this:

http://www.ionisator.nl/elanra/Comprehe ... Elanra.pdf
It seems that negative particles do help against bacteria and molds. And much more ! Really glad I ordered it !

After World War II, the Russians extensively studied the relationship between negative
ions and physical performance. A team of doctors, psychologists, and physicists observed
and measured the performance of Olympic athletes in various conditions of negative ions
levels. In each test of physical performance, the group that trained in facilities, and stayed
in quarters high in negative ion concentration showed tremendous improvements in
performance in comparison to the control group (Minkh, 1961).

In 1969, Dr. Sulman, head of the department of Applied Pharmacology at Hebrew
University in Jerusalem at the time, brought in groups of people to spend some time in a
room low in negative ions, and also in a room that contained an "overdose" of negative
ions. While in each room, subjects were given word, figure, and symbol tests. They
scored "significantly higher" on these tests when they were in the negative ion-enriched
room. Plus, while in the negative ion room, they showed (via the electroencephalogram) a
slower, stronger pulse rate of Alpha waves from the brain. Alpha wave rhythms are a
measure of the brain’s activity and health. A slow, strong Alpha wave pulse rate indicates
healthiness, calmness, and heightened alertness. When the subjects were in the negative
ion-deficient room, they showed signs of irritability and fatigue in addition to lower test
performance (Sulman, 1974).

I actually get the feeling that a good ionizer is even more important than earthing:

• Relief from sinus congestion and
inflammation.
• Reduction in the severity of asthma
attacks.
• Enhanced immune system by
stimulating the production of
Immunoglobulin A.
• Relief from discomfort caused by excess
serotonin and histamine in the body.
• Relief from sore throat, bronchial cough
and nausea.
• Improved blood flow with less
susceptibility to clotting
• Normalization of hormone imbalances.
• Decreased depression, irritability and
tension.
• Increased alertness.
• Increased work productivity.
• Improved concentration.
dime

Post by dime »

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138026/
The types of negative ion generation can be broadly classified as water-generated negative ions and electrically-generated negative ions. Electrically-generated negative ions are produced by the electrical discharge from thunder, radiant energy and ultraviolet light in the natural environment. Air molecules provide the energy which causes electrons to be charged. Discharged electrons combine with oxygen atoms to create negatively-charged air ions [3]. Water-generated negative ions naturally occur around waterfalls and are created by the ionization of water through the Lenard effect [16]. When water breaks up into small droplets, electrons are arranged on the surface of small water droplets in a dipolar fashion [3]. Negatively-charged oxygen molecules combine with several water molecules to form negative ion clusters: O2(H2O)n [17]. Water-generated negative ions essentially are considered to be a natural source of negative air ions [4]. NAI produced from water have a longer life in air than do electrically-generated negative ions, and they do not adversely affect the body. Water-generated ions exhibit suppression of tumor growth and improvement of cachexia [17]. Many studies have demonstrated that water-generated negative ions are associated with improvements in mood and physical health, and recent research has begun to support the view that negative ions have a net positive effect on health [17–21] and beneficial effects for the respiratory system [22].
Sounds like water generated negative ions are superior to electrically generated ones?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Would rain be beneficial in that way ?
dime

Post by dime »

I guess, rain is always kinda calming and relaxing, I haven't noticed that with the (cheap) ionizator I've bought long ago.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

How much ions is it supposed to create ?
dime

Post by dime »

It doesn't say, it's a very cheap one. Probably at least as much as rain :)
Kasper

Re: Negative ions

Post by Kasper »

It's coming tomorrow !
Can't wait.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Arrived, little bit late, but it's here now.
Placebo effect is high now, so I'm not going to make a review now, because it would be a little bit to positive I guess.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Okay, I think I can safely say, this ionisator I hired..
Amazing....
The air in my room feels so clean...
If we talk about zero intervention, well this is something I definitely need, for zero intervention.

If I could share my subjective emotion:
I feel a little bit who I feel when I've been surfing (in the sea) for some weeks.
Some kind of peacefulness in my head...
panacea

Post by panacea »

If you feel dry/sore throat in some time.. stop using it, that's all I'm gonna say..
overkees

Post by overkees »

I must add that you looked at the negative ions and how much, but forgot to look how many positive ions there are. There needs to be a a balance as there also is one in the wild:

Negative Ions Positieve Ions Totaal
Mountain air 2000 2500 4500
Normal air 1500 1800 3300
For a storm 750 2500 3250
After a storm 2500 750 3250
Office air 150 200 350
Air in closed vehicle 50 150 200

And you can imagine, that when you live in the city with a lot of cars and pollution, opening a window lets in alot of positive particles.
So as you can see, it only occurs very little in nature that there are more negative ions than positive ions. Therefore, I think that it is very beneficial for only a short amount of time, than quitting for a while, but keeping a little ionisation lamp on, the ones you can buy at: www.lightfresh.nl for example, plug it in near your computer and you will be getting quite a good balance I guess.