Peri-menopause and more

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
slea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Peri-menopause and more

Post by slea »

First off, I have known of this diet since 2005. In the first few years I was 100-80% faithful. Over the last few years, not so much. I still loosely follow a cooked version, but I am no where near where I used to be. I am still dairy and gluten free with the exception of a few social reasons a month. I drink OJ and eat some fruit on a daily basis. My mainstays are eggs, rice and steamed veggies with a small amount of baked meat (beef or chicken, 3-4oz) for lunch or dinner. Sometimes I will replace a meal with a fruit smoothie.

I just turned 45 in July. Last year I started having scary health problems. I have always felt that I have some issue going on, but could never put my finger on it. Doctors always say I am fine, but I am not fine. Even in the early days on 100% Wai, I didn't feel right. The least little slip of "regular" food, and all my symptoms came raging back. Symptoms like rosacea, bloating, dizziness and brain fog.

Well this last year, the problems I started having were very MS like. Periphial Neuropathy on my left side of body, hands, feet and even my face. Vision disturbances, vision going in and out occasionally, balance problems, bladder issues (going all the time, very small amounts with hesitancy) Since I've known of Wai, I never get colds or flus any more and last year I got the flu 3 times in two months and also had a nasty virus. Also since Wai, I never go to the doctor because I don't feel the need and I can pretty much treat myself when anything comes up, which rarely does. This diet got rid of my recurrent bladder infections, yeast infections and helped me get control over my rosacea, which would never really 100% go away.

So, I broke down and went to see my female (OBGYN) doctor this Feb. He ran tests and they said my vitamin D was at 15 and my D2 was -4. Also, my iron was in the high range at 190. (15-150 is considered normal) another reason I had to go is that I was having hot flashes every 30 minutes going into the night turning into sweats. He put me on bio identical progesterone and a est/test cream. I ditched the est/test as it made my symptoms flare even worse. Red face, rosacea, etc. The progesterone stopped the hot flashes but I immediately put on 10 pounds in the first month. I'm not sure if it was the est or progesterone, because I did take the est cream for two weeks when I started packing on the pounds. I haven't used it since.

After a lot of research, I am sure I have and have had it for a long time, high estrogen that is. The progesterone helped calm the rosacea down which was still very under control but started coming back when this whole mess started. Also, I found some info on a disorder called Pyroluria. I have a very high percentage of the symptoms, and so do a lot of my family members, as it is seen to run in families. I started taking the recommended supplements (Zinc, B6) and I have improved very much. Especially the Zinc. Literally the second day my rosacea dried up!

I have always been against supplements, especially hormones, but I am getting such good results and feeling so much better. Is it possible that if this is genetic I will need to take the supplements? Another question is, if I went back to the strict part of the diet, what sort of adjustments do you think would help with my hormone and possible pyrole? Like I said, even on Wai, I had lingering symptoms. I really want to get back to the life style.

Right now I am taking VD3 with K, zinc picolinate, co-enzyme B6, co-enzyme b complex every other day and 100mg of progesterone cream a day. My goals are to rebalance my self and lose the extra weight. I've lost 5 pounds on my own but it's been hard!

Hope all is well with everyone! I have some catch up reading to do. :D
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Peri-menopause and more

Post by Oscar »

Welcome back :) Normally I'd say that for most of the hormonal and micro-nutrient issues it's good to increase the intake of (raw) egg yolks. For B6 it's mostly fatty fish. Check here: http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-foodpernut.html
Would you consider going 100% Wai for a month or so, to see what the effects are?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Welcome back, slea!
slea wrote: Is it possible that if this is genetic I will need to take the supplements?
That may be helpful, indeed.
You may try them separately to see what the effects are.
You might start with the progesterone cream, for example.
slea

Post by slea »

Oscar wrote:Welcome back :) Normally I'd say that for most of the hormonal and micro-nutrient issues it's good to increase the intake of (raw) egg yolks. For B6 it's mostly fatty fish. Check here: http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-foodpernut.html
Would you consider going 100% Wai for a month or so, to see what the effects are?
Hello Oscar! Yes, I am definitely going to go back to Wai 100%. I just need to get my kitchen stocked back up! It takes a lot of planning due to where I work, because we are only allowed to have drinks on the floor with us, so I will be drinking oj or smoothies 10 hours out of my day. That is one reason I have been lazy about going back 100% is because it's an energy issue for me. I burn through sugars very quickly and lately when I eat, I've been eating heavier meals to last me 5-6 hours until I get my lunch break. I walk all day long, so I need to replenish frequently.

About the egg yolks, I've thought the same. I am going to try to do 4 a day. I need to find a creative way to eat them as I don't really like the taste or texture. I can barely stand them in oj, but I love them on top of rice or potatoes, but those aren't 100%! I so wish they were, I'd be a happy girl! :D
slea

Post by slea »

RRM wrote:Welcome back, slea!
slea wrote: Is it possible that if this is genetic I will need to take the supplements?
That may be helpful, indeed.
You may try them separately to see what the effects are.
You might start with the progesterone cream, for example.
Hello, RRM!

I was on progesterone before the supplements, and it did help a lot, but I did get much better with the zinc/b6 combo. I'm just going to continue on and eat my raw foods and see how it goes.

I've been feeling a little down lately and my estrogen symptoms have been acting up, but the days have got much shorter and colder and I am very much sensitive to seasonal changes. I live in the southern United States and it's winter here now. I haven't been eating the best either. It's remarkable how much eating the wrong things can have such a dramatic effect on your moods and body. So glad you have all this wonderful info that I can come read when I need to. I know that I would be in a much worse state of health if I would have never found this information. I've just got to keep plugging along!