Hypoglicemia and intermittent fasting

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
leofruit
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hypoglicemia and intermittent fasting

Post by leofruit »

I sometimes get nervous when i'm hungry. This happens especially when i'm on an ordinary diet, made of white pasta and other refined carbohidrates.
Since i switched to a larger consume of fruits and lower consume of above mentioned food, i'm not getting this problem as often as before.
But on this two days having eaten soy spaghetti and white pasta, i've felt bad and i remembered the problem.
I know i've eaten this way for years, so i think my body could be adapted to this diet.

Now, what could happen with IF? will the body adapt generating sugar from proteins and fats or will the problem accentuate?
I've been tested over the years and i have no diabetes nor hormonal dysfunctions. I cannot exclude other reasons from diet to cause this problem
(especially having read http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2645126) but i'm quite sure i'm healthy, therefore i would give IF a try.

Have someone ever had this problem without being diabetic? can it be caused by an ordinary diet, full of carbos?

Also, in the eating window of IF, what will happen to the blood sugar/insuline levels caused by the meal? i mean, not eating anything and then eating everything in the eating windows. What could be the related side effect over time?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Hypoglicemia and intermittent fasting

Post by RRM »

Diabetes is usually the eventual result of long pre-diabetic destructive trend.
From the quoted study: "Characteristic alterations in insulin secretion accompany each of these conditions" (the conditions associated with hypoglycemia)
In other words, in people with post-meal hypoglycemia their insulin response to the meal is 'off'.
Both over- and under-secretion of insulin are characteristic to the pre-stages of diabetes (without being 'sick' / having diabetes).
It is not uncommon.
Uncoupled insulin sensitivity is usually caused by a food intake that is not in line with energy requirements, but there are several other possible causes.
The best is that fasting reverses uncoupled insulin sensitivity.
You may see it like this:
If the body is confused by the irregular intakes of food seemingly unrelated to energy requirements, it may need a push on the 'reset' button.
That is exactly what fasting does; your energy intake is nil for many hours every day, which is the opposite of confusing.
This will function as a reference. "Nil = 0, requiring 0 insulin"
If your eating routine is very regular, with substantial daily fasting, and a sufficiently substantial eating window, it is very likely that your insulin sensitivity will eventually return to normal, as far as physically possible (regarding physical abnormalities).
leofruit

Re: Hypoglicemia and intermittent fasting

Post by leofruit »

Thank you! I'll definitely check if i can practice IF safely, and in the case i can i will see if some results are achieved.