Hormonal imbalance - PMS and lack of jodine

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Hormonal imbalance - PMS and lack of jodine

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote:If I consume small meals during the day, I end up eating a very big meal in the evening
That is perfect if it compensates for the relative lack of energy ingested during the day.
definitely not all at one sitting
That is not a problem at all if you need to replensih your glycogen depots.
after a big meal of lets say 1000 kcal I start to feel alive again and my headache disappears. How is that possible?
Because you need it.
Do it at night only. Do it every night. Skip breakfast.
even when my glycogen depots are totally empty I should not eat 1000+ kcals in one sitting?
You can.
1200 kcal in the muscles, 400 in the liver, is 1600 in total.
The food is digested slowly, and the nutrients absorbed bit by bit.
Could my iodine supp be causing this?
That is possible on high doses.
How much are you taking at the moment?
Or is it morning coffee? And I frequently chew on chewing gum. Could that be it?
No.
Or is it simply possible I have to eat like a horse.. I walk about 4 hours a day, but that doesn't use that much energy, does it?
It definitely uses a big chunck of the glycogen in your legs.

go crazy from hunger feelings.
You just need to stuff yourself every night. With good stuff.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Thanks RRM. Your reply definitely reassured me!

The mistakes I kept on making were:
a. comparing myself with other women who hardly seem to eat anything;
b. counting calories, because of my fear for overeating and gaining fat.

These things made me worry about my ingested amounts of energy. It's impossible to listen to your body, when you try to eat under control of your mind.. I already knew I had to quit both of these (bad) habits, but I guess I needed some time to come to the point I actually could free myself from these mechanisms in my head. I have to say I (finally) succeeded and I threw away my Fitness Pal - app.
How much are you taking at the moment?
It's a liquid supplement and I use 1 drop, that should be 75 mcg of iodine. I take it about 5 times a week.
I don't experience other (side) effects which could be linked to iodine. (normal heart rate, etc)
I will do another test to see if my levels are improved already.

I try to skip breakfast, but sometimes I wake up with hunger even if I consumed a lot of energy before going to bed.
I go for a big walk right after waking up and by the time I get home all I can think of is: (a lot of) banana's and yolk.. So I don't eat
right after waking, but I do eat within two hours after waking. Otherwise I can't perform at work (or behave correctly).

Other question: I've been reading a lot about the harmful consequences of diets rich in protein.
I read a guideline for healthy protein intake should be about 0,3 grams / kg bodyweight. That means I should consume max. 18 gr. protein.
With 12(+) yolks plus the protein from fruits, I consume a lot more protein than 18 gr. (WHO takes 0.5, if I'm correct?).
Is a (temporary) higher level of raw protein intake dangerous for my health? Should I quit eating so many yolks as soon as possible?
My common sense also keeps on telling me it's absurd to eat 100 eggs a week.. (but my body is very very happy every time I eat banana & yolk)
I also think the amount of yolks have an influence on my stool. It seems like my digestion is slower than it was before I increased the yolks.
Is it possible yolks slowdown digestion? (not speaking of metabolism, just digestion / stoolwise..)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote:I threw away my Fitness Pal - app.
Good.
The funny thing is that if you consume only 1% too much daily, you end up gaining 1 kg of pure bodyfat per year.
So, it is impossible to accurately know how much to eat.
Luckily, there is someone who knows exactly: your body.
It is just a long journey learning to listen to your body more carefully.
It comes with making a lot of mistakes,but if you have no problems with that, eventually, you will get better at listening.
I've been reading a lot about the harmful consequences of diets rich in protein.
That is particularly true for cooked/processed protein.
Raw protein not nearly so much.
And the effects of fasting are by far superior.
So, dont worry about it as long as the protein mainly comes from fresh raw yolks, fish and meats.
It seems like my digestion is slower than it was before I increased the yolks.
When you consume less fiber (yolks ahve no fiber), there simply is less to deport (bowel movement).
Your stool consists of all the stuff that we do not need. All the stuff we need to discard.
So, if you eat less of the stuff that we do not need, there is less stool.
That is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.
Less stool is very different from constipation.
The more you do this diet, the smaller your stool will be.
(less package material results in less garbage)