Sweating (a lot) + Peeing less vs No sweating + Peeing (a lot)

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Novidez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sweating (a lot) + Peeing less vs No sweating + Peeing (a lot)

Post by Novidez »

In these two scenarios, which one is healthier?

Some say that perspiration is a good sign of health.
However, of course, I've also heard in the past from a physician I went, that if you sweat a lot is bad sign.

I would say atm, unfortunately, I don't sweat at all. It's almost Summer and I am still freezing. It's unfortunate for me, but it seems fortunate for others: when I am outside, people who sweat a lot say that they envy me (also, people who sweat a lot are not seeing very well because they seem disgusting).

P.S.: Is there any animal that sweat?
Aytundra

Re: Sweating (a lot) + Peeing less vs No sweating + Peeing (a lot)

Post by Aytundra »

Novidez wrote:In these two scenarios, which one is healthier?
Depends on the context. :wink:
Novidez wrote:P.S.: Is there any animal that sweat?
Animals with sweat glands can sweat. :wink:
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think that you can sweat without really seeing any sweat on your body.

For example, I drink 5L of liquid daily, for the last 2 months. Around 3L of OJ and 2L of skim milk. I sweat a little bit under my armpits so now and then, but for the rest nothing really noticeable, because I don't do exercise. I do walk for like 1-3 hours a day, but I don't sweat while walking.

However, I pee only like 2 or 3 times a day. And if I count, it is not more than 2L total. So I think this liquid must go somewhere. I also have very little water retention. I think I sweat it out, but you can't see it with your eyes.

I'm wondering, maybe that is the optimal form of sweating? Sweating while not being able to see it. I think I've heard Ray Peat say something like that.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Aytundra wrote:Depends on the context.
You're right. Well, since I'm always freezing, I don't sweat. Even when I used to run, I didn't sweat at all. That time, my perspective was something like "If a person sweats, he frees some sodium. That's why the sweat is salty. Since I restrict the amount of sodium, I can only assume that my body has to preserve the little it has somehow."
In the past, Summer for me was equal to liters of sweat and also always very thirsty. Also, I used to pee 1 or 2 time per day. Well, but I didn't drink much liquids as I drink right now... Nowadays, it is just the opposite.

There are several studies talking about the higher heart attack risk for African people. Actually, black people who start living on western countries and eat saltier foods, tend to have higher blood pressure.
I haven't investigated too much about this. I've sent you some links to you int the chat in the past.
The concept is that after years and years being over exposed to the Sun, they had to retain much minerals in their blood as possible. So, now, if they eat some salty foods, their body is not used to that.

Here I wanted to understand regarding how the cell works, because I have been on both scenarios already. And the only thing I did was changing the diet.
I wonder if it is related to the electrolytes balance, to our skin, or something like that...
Aytundra wrote:Animals with sweat glands can sweat.
Makes sense. But I never saw a dog, or a cat, sweating like some humans sweat :P
They only open their mouth in emergency cases.
Kasper wrote:I think that you can sweat without really seeing any sweat on your body.

For example, I drink 5L of liquid daily, for the last 2 months. Around 3L of OJ and 2L of skim milk. I sweat a little bit under my armpits so now and then, but for the rest nothing really noticeable, because I don't do exercise. I do walk for like 1-3 hours a day, but I don't sweat while walking.

However, I pee only like 2 or 3 times a day. And if I count, it is not more than 2L total. So I think this liquid must go somewhere. I also have very little water retention. I think I sweat it out, but you can't see it with your eyes.

I'm wondering, maybe that is the optimal form of sweating? Sweating while not being able to see it. I think I've heard Ray Peat say something like that.
No salt? But you feel warm I suppose... right?
In the past did you used to sweat or were you always like this?
I was a sweaty guy and used to hate it. Now associating sweating to feeling warmer, ironically, now it seems that I miss it (perhaps I wasn't that warm, I can't really remember). Of course, I'd rather be warm and not sweat. But feeling always cold is not comfortable at all...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:I think that you can sweat without really seeing any sweat on your body.

I'm wondering, maybe that is the optimal form of sweating? Sweating while not being able to see it.
The same here.
I used to sweat much more before the diet.
Now, the water just evaporates. I hardly sweat at all.
I noticed, because whenever im wearing a plastic rain coat, i always end up with soaked clothes (because the evaporated water cannot escape)
I think it is because when your blood contains many water-retaining compounds, you need urination,
whereas evaporation will suffice on this diet.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:The same here.
I used to sweat much more before the diet.
Now, the water just evaporates. I hardly sweat at all.
In the past, I remember 'raining' in my armpits. Also, there's a curious thing: since I used to sweat much more, if I did an endurance training, in few minutes I was dehydrated and my resistance was very bad. Now, my resistance skied rocket and I am never thirsty during it.
blood contains many water-retaining compounds
Btw, what water-retaining compounds are these for example?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Various salts, sugars and proteins.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Kasper wrote: For example, I drink 5L of liquid daily,
Thats a lot, how your weight changes during the day? Weight your self in the morning and in the evening.
I wander on wai diet does body weight fluctuates during the day? This diet claims not retaining water, so weight differences in morning and evening is the sign of water retention or not?
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Emeira wrote:I wander on wai diet does body weight fluctuates during the day? This diet claims not retaining water, so weight differences in morning and evening is the sign of water retention or not?
Your organs need water, but don't forget also about your excretions. For example, a good amount of feces can weight some extra grams because they absorb liquids. So most of their weight is water (if you aren't constipated. In that case, they are very dry).
Like, for example, a dry t-shirt weights way less than a wet t-shirt.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:so weight differences in morning and evening is the sign of water retention or not?
Let me add some nuance.
In all humans there is a 24 hour water retention cycle.
There even is an average height difference of 2 cm (morning vs evening), due to water being absorbed in the intervertebral discs during the night, which is squeezed from those discs during the day.
The water retention that i am normally referring to, is the additional water retention caused by high serum/lymphe protein levels, or hormonally caused.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

So if my weight increase (1.5-2.5kg) in evening, that is absolutely fine its normal water retention cycle?
In the morning it decreases again
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its perfectly normal that your weight goes up with about 1 to 2 kg during the day.
2.5 seems a bit much though.
clem24

Post by clem24 »

The question is do you feel healthy even as you are not sweating?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Very healthy
Never been sick a day in my life.
Always energetic, never tired. Always happy and focussed.
Sleep well.
And my body is in great shape. See http://www.topfitafter50.com/