Fat added to fruit = diabetes?

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Kat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fat added to fruit = diabetes?

Post by Kat »

I've read studies done on Whole Foods diets that if one adds/combines oils/fats with fruit (or worse straight sugar as we see in the SAD) it leads to pancreas problems, sugar circulating in the blood longer than it's suppose to and not able to get into cells the way they can when one eats fruit alone ( Apple, orange, grapes, watermelon etc....without fat in the same meal) , and that continuously adding fat in with their fruit is setting them up for diabetes.

All that noted I remember in the past, before I came across that research, when I was desperate to clear constipation I tried a smoothie of berries with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil and 2 tablespoons of flax meal and it cleared that constipation right up. That's been the only noticeable benefit I have personally had with adding a good dose of oil with fruit, not to say there aren't other benefits Im just not personally aware.

Now if fruit combined with oil is not going to lead to the problems this research says I'm more than willing to combine the two, no problem at all, but this lurks in the back of my mind. Do you have any concrete information on this not being the case ?

It's the only thing I'm not eating the Wai way. I've been eating primarily fruitarian over the past 11 years , occasionally adding in sashimi and egg yolks which I'm going to be increasing so I can decrease fruit intake and give my bowels less to have to eliminate and hopefully increase my internal fire without having to add in cooked root veggies, greens and beans 🤢. Fruitarian can be very dampening to the body system , spleen Qi deficiency unfortunately, and I'm showing symptoms of that more and more.
MarciavD

Re: Fat added to fruit = diabetes?

Post by MarciavD »

I recently asked the same kind of question in this thread:
http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... c565b0a30b
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oh thank you Marcia 😃
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kat wrote: Fri 07 Jul 2017 15:55 I've read studies done on Whole Foods diets that if one adds/combines oils/fats with fruit (or worse straight sugar as we see in the SAD) it leads to pancreas problems, sugar circulating in the blood longer than it's suppose to ... that continuously adding fat in with their fruit is setting them up for diabetes.
There are a lot of misconceptions about that. Basically, correlations are seen as causal relations.
Diabetes is actually quite simple. There is just one hormone that initiates the storage of excess sugar (and protein) as glycogen in the liver and muscles. If there is something wrong with that insulin system, its already a disease.
Diabetes is caused by inaccurate insulin response.
This is not caused by sugar or protein, though they are involved in the cause.
The sensitivity of the insulin receptors decreases if the insulin released cannot do its job.
That happens when insulin tries to store surplus sugar or protein as glycogen, while these glycogen depots are already completely full.
Then the surplus sugar/protein cannot be stored, and remains in the blood, again evoking the release of insulin.
That surplus sugar/protein will keep on triggering the release of insulin untill all of it eventually has been converted to fatty acids, which is a relatively slow process.
So, eating food when you dont need the energy is what decreases insulin sensitivity, which eventually may result in diabetes.

Dietary fat is readily stored as bodyfat, as no conversions are needed.
And when you eat fatty foods, automatically less sugar/protein is consumed.
So, regarding the insulin system, overconsuming fat is way more healthy than overconsuming protein/sugar.
Its protective.
Obesity strongly correlates with diabetes because both are caused by the same abuse: eating food when you doin't need the energy.
Obesity also correlates with dietary fat consumption.
Hence dietary fat consumption correlates with diabetes, but there is no causal relationship.

But if you consume small meals, and listen to your energy needs, you definitely don't need to add fat.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Very good RRM 👍🏻 I can completely see how eating when the body is not hungry (emotional eating) leads to these imbalances. Makes perfect sense.

It's something I've noticed about food before I knew anything about diabetes and other health challenges ppl go through, that's why I wondered about wai lifestyle suggesting it's better to add oils to fruit. Whole Foods are in there perfect ratio of fat/carbs/protein in themselves so why add any isolated chemistry ( refined sugar, oils, protein powders) to what is perfectly balanced by nature already?
Kat

Post by Kat »

^ not asking a question there, more so sharing how my mind thinks and comes to those questions. :-)