low hydrochloric acid levels

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Nadia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

low hydrochloric acid levels

Post by Nadia »

how to restore them ?
how good / bad is it to drink fresh celery juice ( the stalks , on an empty stomach ) ?
are there other , more wai-friendly options ?
Aytundra

Re: low hydrochloric acid levels

Post by Aytundra »

celery may contain furanocoumarins
furanocoumarins not good on skin
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote: Sat 28 Oct 2017 11:17 how to restore them ?
Hydrochloric acid is a very strong acid, the main component of gastric acid, required to acidify the stomach pH to 1 or 2, to kill all organisms entering your stomach and to start digestion.
What makes you think that your stomach pH is not low enough?
Have you been properly diagnosed?
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

food often leaves the body totally undigested ( esp papaya ... ) ; it feels like i'm not assimilating the food at all .
very fiber sensitive : after consuming whole fruits , belly blows up like a balloon and stays that way for 1 or 2 days ...
nearly bursting already after drinking only ca 7 dl of juice ...

i am on the wai diet for many yrs ; eating window varies from 4 hrs ( warrior ) up to 10 hrs .
animal food = egg yolks .
however , sometimes i go for a mth or two without any yolks ... could that be a possible reason ?
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

100% wai for months with no animal foods sounds like a frutarian diet, aka a very bad idea. Going without animal foods for a few days is not a problem, but if you are doing it for longer periods, you should make sure to eat plenty of nuts, avocado etc. and consider supplementing vit. D and B12.

Not sure if this is causing your gut issues though.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Maybe you have IBS? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_bowel_syndrome

Just read an article about a study getting interesting results from fecal matter transplants (!). Check it out here: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/langa ... sca1=tlxpr
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I used to have the same troubles, like everything was causing big bellies and indigestion.
After using probiotics (I made my own kefir) and 1 bottle of commercial probiotics (http://unlimitedhealth.nl/health-force- ... Probiotica&) AND consuming only one type of fruit per meal I slowly started to notice improvement.
Also did some intolerance tests so I know what to avoid (eggs and almonds)
I refused to accept something as IBS and I have to say it's gone!!!
So please don't give up. You can get normal digestion!
Maybe Fodmap can also provide you with some tips to avoid certain foods or fibers.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote: Wed 01 Nov 2017 13:31 food often leaves the body totally undigested ( esp papaya ... )
Papaya is not at all an ideal fruit for us, it contains high levels of anti-nutrients.
Oranges, bananas, mangoes are far superior
; it feels like i'm not assimilating the food at all .
That would result in ongoing weightloss.
But if your digestion doesn't feel right, it may mean you need to choose different foods.
very fiber sensitive : after consuming whole fruits , belly blows up like a balloon and stays that way for 1 or 2 days ...
Thats normal. All herbivores have swollen bellies.
To minimize that, you need to consume super-ripe fruits with little anti-nutrients and you need to reduce fiber intake; use a juice extractor to make juices, and then a sieve, to eliminate most fiber.
nearly bursting already after drinking only ca 7 dl of juice ...
Do you use a strainer / sieve to eliminate most fiber?
sometimes i go for a mth or two without any yolks ... could that be a possible reason ?
That could be. Did you ever had your iron, iodide, B12 and D levels checked?
You do eat nuts, right?
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

thank you all for your replies !
i'm back to the yolks ... : )

papayas : what kind of anti-nutrients , RRM ? to me they taste super-sweet & juicy & creamy ... !
oranges : are clementines , mandarines , tangarines just as good , nutritionwise ?
mangoes : blended + "passeerzeef" = balloon-belly ... : (
juice : yes , sieved !
avocados : yes ! lots !
nuts : coconuts = yes . other nuts rarely .

low hydrochloric acid levels : a possible reason ? what do you think RRM ?

celery juice ( for restoring hydrochloric acid and alkalizing the gut ) ... : on an empty stomach ; straight ; away from other foods ... :
your thoughts ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote: Sat 04 Nov 2017 19:25 papayas : what kind of anti-nutrients , RRM ? to me they taste super-sweet & juicy & creamy ... !
The riper, the better.
Papayas contain relatively high levels of papain, pectin, ferulic acid, caffeic acid, rutin, benzyl isothiocyanates and benzyl glucosinates.
oranges : are clementines , mandarines , tangarines just as good , nutritionwise ?
Yes.
mangoes : blended + "passeerzeef" = balloon-belly ... : (
Blending + sieve is not good, as that first cuts up the fibers, which actually increases their passage through the sieve.
That should be: slow-juiced + sieved; first eliminating most fiber, followed by eliminating more
low hydrochloric acid levels : a possible reason ? what do you think RRM ?
It's speculation, but you can easily get that tested.
Once tested we can think of a strategy.
celery juice ( for restoring hydrochloric acid and alkalizing the gut ) ... : on an empty stomach ; straight ; away from other foods ... :
your thoughts ?
Rule number one: don't medicate until you have a proper diagnosis.
Evoking the release of extra hydrochloric acid (which is extremely aggressive) is potentially dangerous
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

@RRM ... with thanks ! ... :

papaya :
i checked the 4 links you posted for papaya in the "anti-nutrients in specific fruits" thread ...
isn't papain rather beneficial ? like cleaning up / digesting any redundant proteins ?

celery juice : in general , too many anti-nutrients to be a healthy beverage for us , right ?

cucumbers : are they okay ? you wrote that you leave them out by now bcs bitter ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote: Sun 05 Nov 2017 16:49 isn't papain rather beneficial ? like cleaning up / digesting any redundant proteins ?
Digestion is done by enzymes secreted in digestive juices.
Papain is a protein itself, that is destroyed by our digestive juices. But before that happens it will destroy some of our cells, most notably in the corners of your mouth, your lips and inside the digestive tract. This is also true for not overly ripe pineapple, kaki fruits and others
celery juice : in general , too many anti-nutrients to be a healthy beverage for us , right ?
Yes, too little nutrients : anti-nutrients
cucumbers : are they okay ? you wrote that you leave them out by now bcs bitter ?
Also too little nutrients : anti-nutrients