osteoporosis

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Julia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

osteoporosis

Post by Julia »

I am 19 years old and have bulimia which rules my life. 2 weeks ago i found out about Wai's diet and for a week it worked really well for me, no food addiction at all i was stunned. Last week i found out i have bad osteoporosis and have been put on a diet by my doctor of calcium foods and hormone replacement pills. Since eating cheese/yoghurt/milk for only a few days though I have pimples, am extremely bloated and my binging cycle has come back. Would you trust Wai's diet to not make the osteoporosis any worse?
BlueFrog

Re: osteoporosis

Post by BlueFrog »

I would. If you haven't already, you might want to read what Wai has to say on osteoporosis: http://www.4.waisays.com/ExcessiveCalcium.htm.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

:) Julia,
How did your diagnosis come about? I too have osteo but am convinced about Wai's theory of excessive calcium. Have you read it yet?
Julia

Post by Julia »

Lyn: I have read Wai's article on osteoporosis and the fact that countries with higher consumption of calcium have higher incidence of osteoporosis is alarming.

Because I have not menstuated for many years, that is the reason for my osteoporosis. Unless my peiods come back, even small amounts of calcium will not be absorbed.

I will have faith in Wai's diet. I have been trying to follow advice of doctors all these years and i am not better.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Lyn: sorry i didnt answer your question.
I heard of a woman my age getting osteoporosis after losing her period for 6 months so i asked my doctor for the DEXA test. My doctor pretty much laughed in my face and said i dont need it because i am young and my bones are fine. I went insisted though, and she was shocked at the results. I was really dissatisfied that she didnt take my concern seriously, and even more that she wasnt aware of the risk of it for me.
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Julia, I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. It sounds like you've had a really tough time with this. But, being able to keep the food down on Wai's diet sounds like a good indicator that your body likes it. Plus, it's not a permanent decision. You can monitor your conditions and if you find that the diet isn't for you 6 months or a year from now, you can always try the HRT and supplements. It's great that you are concerned about your health and are looking into ways to improve it. :)

Good luck on the diet and we're here to support you!
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Julia wrote:
Because I have not menstuated for many years, that is the reason for my osteoporosis.
Yes, adequate strogen protects you against osteoporosis.
However, how have you been diagnosed for osteoporosis? Most people that are diagnosed for osteoporosis, don't have 'the disease', but just a lower bone mineral density. (DEXA cannot show you have osteoporosis, just that you have lower bone mineral density, which is not the same)
They are eager to diagnose you with osteoporosis so that they can prescribe you drugs (which means money for them)
Unless my peiods come back, even small amounts of calcium will not be absorbed.
Not true. even if you have the disease osteoporosis (very unlikely) the calcium is perfectly absorbed. In osteoporosis, calcium is perfectly absorbed, and abundantly available. In osteoporosis (the disease) there is a lack of matrix in your bones upon which the calcium may precipitate. This lack of matrix is due to a lack of cells (osteoblasts) that compose this matrix. NOT a lack of calcium in your blood.
All scientists specialized in osteoporosis acknowledge this.
What estrogen does, it protects you against too much calcium; it decreases bone formation and bone resorption. So that a lack of estrogen accelerates aging of your bones.

However, since you are only 19, your bones cannot possible have aged that much already. You cannot have osteoporosis (Unless you have used corticosteroids for an extended period of time).
So, your lower bone mineral density must be the result of over-activity of the cells that break your bones down. Again, estrogen protects you against this.
Probably, you have a lack of estrogen due to your bulemia; people with eating disorders very often have decreased estrogen levels.

Did you have your hormone levels checked?
What are your levels?
I have been trying to follow advice of doctors all these years and i am not better.
If you would really have osteoporosis, and not just decreased bone mineral density, your bones would have aged prematurely, and this simply cannot be reversed, ever.
However, chances are extremely good that you don't even have the disease at all.

Very likely, you just have thinner bones (NOT osteoporosis) due to a lack of estrogen, caused by your eating problems.
Just look at it this way; In nature your body will try to keep you infertile in periods when there is not always sufficient food available. Your eating habits tell your body that there is a food problem, which triggers your body to prevent conception (by decreasing estrogen).

So, the key to getting your bones functioning normal again, lays in getting your eating disorder under control.
If you supply your body with lots of small meals throughout the day, supplying your body with sufficient nutrients (including energy) very steadily, for an extended period of time, your body will 'assume there are no food problems' and you will get your periods back, and healthy bones again.
Your body is in distress, and you just need to undo that. Then your body will take care of bussiness.
Julia

Post by Julia »

RRM: Your are right, my diagnosis for osteopororsis was made purely by the results of the DEXA scan: -2.6 for bone mineral density of the spine etc. I was told that the definition of osteoporosis is a deviation of more than -2.5

I have not had my hormone levels checked, but i assume they are not healthy levels.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow....
I just found out that the Dr Hirotoshi Morii, Professor emeritus, and chairman of the Japan Osteoporosis Society, supported my hypothesis in his article as executive editor of the journal "Clinical Calcium"
In Januari 2006
and then I found out that he has died of heart failure in april 2006, shortly after coming back from an osteoporosis-related meeting in Vienna, Austria...

This is some of what he wrote:
TR Klompmaker proposed that adequate calcium intake should be determined on the basis of the function of osteoblast. Excess calcium intake may accelerate the osteoblastic function by promoting replication of osteoblast, resulting in increase of the rate of apoptosis of osteoblast and in the increased rate of fracture. Another point is that the higher calcium intake does not necessarily result in the decreased incidence of fracture from the comparison of incidence of fracture and calcium intake among various countries. We have not yet had enough data to support the adequate calcium intake and thus need to have definite criteria to evaluate the adequate intake of calcium.
the rest of the article is in Japanese... :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great! :)

(the supporting, not the heart failure)
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

RRM wrote:Wow....
I just found out that the Dr Hirotoshi Morii, Professor emeritus, and chairman of the Japan Osteoporosis Society, supported my hypothesis in his article as executive editor of the journal "Clinical Calcium"
In Januari 2006
and then I found out that he has died of heart failure in april 2006, shortly after coming back from an osteoporosis-related meeting in Vienna, Austria...

This is some of what he wrote:
TR Klompmaker proposed that adequate calcium intake should be determined on the basis of the function of osteoblast. Excess calcium intake may accelerate the osteoblastic function by promoting replication of osteoblast, resulting in increase of the rate of apoptosis of osteoblast and in the increased rate of fracture. Another point is that the higher calcium intake does not necessarily result in the decreased incidence of fracture from the comparison of incidence of fracture and calcium intake among various countries. We have not yet had enough data to support the adequate calcium intake and thus need to have definite criteria to evaluate the adequate intake of calcium.
the rest of the article is in Japanese... :(

Now, the only question is when will you and Wai share with us the rest of your research that you've been doing over the past few years?

What a fun post... and I'm always pleased to see the ideas presented here accepted by others in the scientific community.
nick

Post by nick »

RRM that is great news. It is bad that he passed away, as he possibly would have advocated studies...?

benzapp wrote:Now, the only question is when will you and Wai share with us the rest of your research that you've been doing over the past few years?
An even better question!
I know RRM told me Wai was doing something 'revolutionary'.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

benzapp wrote:Now, the only question is when will you and Wai share with us the rest of your research that you've been doing over the past few years?
Nick wrote:I know RRM told me Wai was doing something 'revolutionary'.
Hmmm. Wai writes a book indeed, but it has nothing to do with diet, but I know for sure it will be very 'different'...
Me, I ve only been focussing on osteoporosis as I see it as a means to get a foot between the door that might enable us to get studies done on all the health issues eventually.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Wow indeed RRM!

That is big news. I recently attended a leadership course and while I was there, I shared with my fellow participants about your insights on raw food as well as your undying dedication towards your osteoporosis research. The latter really inspired them to think beyond the impossibilities because in the end I revealed to them about who you really, really are in the real world. Some of them were skeptical but most of them were genuinely interested and they even told me at the end of the course that they will look up into it.

Towards the end of the course, I made a speech dedicating what I went through throughout the course to all whom I hold dear and your are one of them. In my speech, I said that you were MAD. Not mad as in crazy-mad, but mad as in Making A Difference.

Oh and I do read a little bit of Japanese. The japanese article pretty much says the same thing as what the english article says.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hi Huntress!
havent seen you around a while... :D
Huntress wrote:I said that you were MAD. Not mad as in crazy-mad, but mad as in Making A Difference.
I really, really hope that we can make some sort of difference. I know that a lot of people have expressed their gratitude regarding acne and some health issues, but we could do so much more, and I hope we will.
Im really thankful for the help we increasingly get, as I hope it will create a 'movement of self-education' that can debunk the lies that are out there regarding diet and health.
Oh and I do read a little bit of Japanese. The japanese article pretty much says the same thing as what the english article says.
You CAN??
Wow, thats great!
Are you saying that its more or less a translation of my original article as its published in Medical Hypothesis?
In summary?
Can you distract any comments made by Dr Morii?

Is there any possibility that you can find out which scientists have been closely associated to Dr Hirotoshi Morii?
I would very much like to contact them to see if one of them can set up the required experiment in Japan...
Your help would be very much appreciated... 8)