Parasite : cryptosporidium parvum/hominis pcr - liver issues

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
MarciavD
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Parasite : cryptosporidium parvum/hominis pcr - liver issues

Post by MarciavD »

Since March this year I'm suffering from big digestive issues and from December last year my liver enzymes are raised. (ASAT, ALAT en LDH).
I got my stool tested in April and it turned out I was infected with the cryptosporidium parvum/hominis parasite. Normally, an immune competent person will have self limiting diarrhea and it should be solved within a few days to max 4 - 5 weeks. I have terrible diarrhea for almost 4 months now and I don't know what to do about it.. I also have feelings of discomfort and pain in my liver area. (burning sensations and chronic pain, at first I felt pain every now and then for the last couple of years, but now it's permanent). I 've had an ultrasound and they didn't see anything. I don't think it's my galbladder, because my alkalic fosf. and Gamma Gt are fine. Nothing wrong with bilirubin and or albumin. Tests on hepatitis are negative.

I eat a lot of fruits (and vegetables) and every evening my belly is swollen like I'm 5 months pregnant and the sound in my intestines is similar to a thunderstorm. Every morning I have to run a couple of times to the toilet and when it's evening I have a big belly again..

@RRM, you're so smart and have so much knowledge, do you have any suggestions about getting rid of this parasite ? Would it help to only drink juice for a while / not ingesting fibre ? What else can I do to get my immune responses back on track ? Any ideas on how to support my liver ? Other thoughts ?

Thanks in advance, I'm really desperate at this point..
RRM
Administrator

Re: Parasite : cryptosporidium parvum/hominis pcr - liver issues

Post by RRM »

Let us learn about this:

Cryptosporidium parvum infection ("calf diarrhea") is usually the result of livestock contact or waterborne outbreaks.
When the patient is immunocompetent, no further treatment is warranted. Suler et al
NTZ is effective in the treatment of Cryptosporidium infection.Abdou et al Nitazoxanide is recommended to treat immunosuppressed adults. Diarrhea was resolved in most patients receiving nitazoxanide within 3 or 4 days of treatment initiation.Rossignol

I would not hesitate getting Nitazoxanide treatment, as there is an association between chronic inflammation and colon cancer.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I would not hesitate getting Nitazoxanide treatment, as there is an association between chronic inflammation and colon cancer.
Thanks RRM, I also read some of that research ánd that immunocompetent persons didn't get treatment. I don't know why I didn't get any until now, but obviously I'm not that immunocompetent.. :(
I have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow (MDL arts due to my elevated liver enzymes since December) and I'll ask for Nitazoxanide to solve the
diarrhea. I don't have a clue why my immune system is off though.
Any tips to boost it, besides the optimal Wai diet, enough sleep and the all usual things ? Can probiotics be helpful in this case ? Should I fast or something like that?
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

In addition (after some searching) : NTZ isn't registered as a (proven / useful) medicine in the Netherlands. :evil:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:28 Any tips to boost it, besides the optimal Wai diet, enough sleep and the all usual things ?
Sorry, but no tips beyond the usual.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 13:42 In addition (after some searching) : NTZ isn't registered as a (proven / useful) medicine in the Netherlands. :evil:
Hmmm. I didnt know that