Multiple Sclerosis

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Sanna
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Multiple Sclerosis

Post by Sanna »

Is MS diet-related?
Would following the diet 100% ease the symptoms? (muscle weakness, numbness etc)
Any thoughts?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I have no idea if it is diet related or not. Among scientists there isn't a consensus about the cause, so diet can't be ruled out I guess. In any case living (i.c. eating/drinking) as healthy as possible can't hurt, in my opinion.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont know either.
What are the associations to MS?
(elevated / lower levels of..., impaired functioning of ... etc)
Maia

Re: Multiple Sclerosis

Post by Maia »

I am also wondering about this, because a friend recently got to know that he has it.
On wikipedia it says about it:
"Multiple sclerosis (MS), also known as disseminated sclerosis or encephalomyelitis disseminata, is a inflammatory disease in which myelin sheaths around axons of the brain and spinal cord are damaged, leading to loss of myelin and scarring. The cause is not clear, but the underlying mechanism is thought to be either destruction by the immune system or failure of the myelin-producing cells.[1] These changes affect the ability of nerve cells to communicate resulting in a wide range of signs and symptoms.[2][3] It is more common in women and the onset typically occurs in young adults.[2]"
Does it tell you something?

I am trying to get him to change his diet but it seems quite difficult, also because he isn't convinced that it would help him. Why change your diet and maybe be helped when you can take medication and reap the benefits of immediate relief?
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
fred

Re: Multiple Sclerosis

Post by fred »

I know someone who "cures" himself from multiple sclerosis with a raw paleo instinctive diet (instincto). He tried several times to go back to his cooked traditional diet and each time saw symptoms coming back. So he is not really cured, only symptoms free for almost 30 years now. He wrote a book (in French) that you can download here : http://www.guyaux.fr/seul/index.htm
Actually I know other people who are symptoms free from many serious diseases (like cancer) thanks to the same or similar diet.
As long as an irreversible stage is not reached, the body can heal with the correct lifestyle changes.