Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Cairidh
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

Post by Cairidh »

My mum's been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (a lung disease related to emphesyma)
I'd never heard of it but apparantly it's the fourth biggest killer :evil: in the world.
She used to smoke, so no mystery about the cause.

Has anyone with C.O.P.D. followed the Wai diet? Did it make any difference?

She certainly needs to change her diet. It's appalling. Vegetarian S.A.D.
I don't think she'd do the Wai diet but I have to ask. I persuaded her to go raw vegan once. I spent hours preparing delicious food for her - and eventually found out she'd put a microwave in the garden shed and was using it to cook readymeals for herself every night - to go with her glass of whisky. I should tattoo "Mug" accross my forehead.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

However once she agreed to do a Juice Fast - and the results were so good she stuck to it for 3 months, which was far longer than I had intended. It was life changing, it completely transformed her. Cured her of all her troubles, physical and spiritual. It was amazing.
Severe back pain, asthma, headaches, throwing up every morning, high blood pressure, IBS, mouth ulcers. Agrophobia, people-phobia, no confidence, depression (she used to be a battered wife, left her very scarred), no will to do anything.

Turned her into an organised power house, zipping here there everywhere, arranging meetings with people she used to be friends with and hadn't had the confidence to call, writing christmas cards weeks in advance.

It turned her back into the super-organised super-confident person she was before she was a battered wife.

Then right at the end, when she was about to stop, she fell down the stairs. Right from the top step. Somebody else had done the same thing a year earlier, with no injuries. However she smashed her head in, with brain damage, went into a coma, and the ambulance men said she wouldn't make it to the hospital. She did - and the doctors said she wouldn't survive the next 24 hours. She did - then they said she wouldn't survive the next week. She did - then they said if she woke up she'd have severe brain damage. She did wake up and she had no brain damage at all. She was completely back to normal. The doctors couldn't believe it. They said it was a miracle. I said it was because of the Juice Fast but nobody believed me.

Anyway, they fed her S.A.D. food in the hospital, and when she came out, she was back to her old "I'm going to eat junk and drink and I don't care" self - which she had been up until she decided to juice fast.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Wow, what a story... Of course eating according to the Wai diet would be beneficial, and if not directly improving the lung situation (we would need to know what the direct cause is), it will certainly not be worse than with her current diet.

So when are you going to do the tattoo? ;)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I agree, Cairidh... I think the 'miraculous' recovery was probably because of the juice fast. (Her body had the means to restore itself when it didn't have to expend so much energy on digesting S.A.D. vegetarian fare....) But there is a diet infinitely better than juice-fasting for your health and mental stability... and we all know what that is. So I second Oscar's advice. I don't know of anyone who followed the Wai diet while suffering from your mother's disease, but it certainly won't hurt her. See if you can find a way to take the microwave to the land-fill...
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

blah I can't find my way around this new expanded forum *cries*

thanks for your replies *waves*

Thankyou CG for agreeing about the juice fast! I was dismissed as stupid by everyone else.
Last week I found an article about an experiment on rats where they deliberately gave them a stroke. There were 4 groups, one ate normal rat food. The others ate the normal rat food with the addition of either spinach, blueberry, or spirulina, as only 2% of their diet.
The rats with the normal diet suffered brain damage because of the stroke. The other three groups were protected. (The spirulina group even more so than the others).
My mum was eating greens such as spinach every day, much more than 2%. Proof at last! (She had a stroke when she smashed her head, but there was obviously no brain damage from that either.)
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I've suggested the Wai diet to her, but she absolutely refuses to try raw fish. She says it's revolting, even though she's never tasted it.

I think eating just fruit, eggs and nuts (with or without fish) would be too restrictive for her - too difficult to stick to.

She's agreed to give the raw vegan diet a 2 week trial to see if it makes any difference. Once she's raw maybe she'll be more open to Wai.

She's agreed to stop using the microwave but hasn't thrown it out yet. The odd thing is when I was little she refused to let a microwave in the house because she thought they were dangerous (which they are).

And I haven't got the tatoo yet, because I'm not convinced there isn't one there already :wink:
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I finally found someone whose grandmother cured herself of emphesyma with a raw vegan diet. But I also found someone else who has COPD and is raw vegan, and has continued to get worse :(

I looked up emphesyma in Vonderplanitz book and it said "If a person eats a raw diet with plenty of raw fats and raw meat, he/she may have a good chance of living"
charming! :!: Remind me not to go to *him* if I get sick.

But in his second book he said:
Three years ago a medical doctor called me on a Thursday evening about her 70 yr old female patient with emphysema. She explained that her patient had been mainly bed-ridden for two years, was on 100% oxygen and respiratory machines. She prognosed that her patient would die that weekend unless I could help. I told her that the only thing I thought might help at that late stage was eggs. I recommended that she get her patient 10 dozen raw eggs, and put them on her bed table. I suggested that she ask her patient to eat one as often as she could and that there was no limit. Very early Monday morning, I received a call from the patient. She told me that she was off the machines, out of bed and feeling stronger that she had in years. She had eaten 66 eggs over the weekend.
Which was more encouraging.