cholesterol

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

nick wrote:My question is, if your body does make it owns cholesterol, then why do we need it from our diet?
Our body can produce cholesterol, like we can produce glucose too. This means we can survive without it in our diet, but doesn't necessarily mean it's the ideal situation. It just signifies how important it is.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

nick wrote:My question is, if your body does make it owns cholesterol, then why do we need it from our diet?
The same goes for many vitamins (B3, B8, K, D etc), and if we wouldnt have been such 'constantly fruit-eaters', we would still be able to produce vitamin C as well.
So, there is a 'cooperation' between consumption and production of vitamins; if always, every single day, lots of vitamin c is consumed, the body eventually (through evolution) looses the capacity to produce its own vitamin C.
Obviously, we couldnt always get a hold of sufficient cholesterol, hence the production capacity.
why do we need it from our diet?
Because we frequently did ingest vast amounts of cholesterol, hence we dont need to produce it all by ourselves.
the body will absorb only what it needs, therefore why does eating yolks and fish have a more pronounced effect than what your body does or would produce without any dietary cholesterol?
First of all, fish and yolks contain not just cholesterol, but also the gratifying omega 3 and other fats.
Secondly, what your body produces, is not sufficient to cover for all your needs.
If our bodies make their own cholesterol then why does eating it feel so good and satisfying?
Because the ingested cholesterol keeps the blood cholesterol at the maximally required level all the time (with also a lot of conversion of cholesterol in bile acids). And that cholesterol makes you feel great via the serotonin receptors.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:from the archive:
Thank you for digging that up John (and about the fat), I hadnt read your posts yet when I posted mine...
nick

Post by nick »

That makes sense!
Thanks!