cholesterol

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

cholesterol

Post by johndela1 »

I overheard a guy at work talking about eating lowfat for his health. I asked him if he knows of any evidence that shows that high colesteral is bad. He said, well that is what 'they' say.

Someone asked told me 'well you can see all the waxy stuff clogging peoples veins and/or arteries'

Does anyone here know anything about this? I've been reading a lot lately about saturated fats and am not sure of anything anymore. I used to think that things like that were proven to be bad, now I'm thinking that this stuff isn't proven.
nick

Post by nick »

Research the FACTS!

Those people need to supply more evidence as their are many other factors involved.

Read the page on cholesterol and fat and see what ya think.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Does anyone here know anything about this? I've been reading a lot lately about saturated fats and am not sure of anything anymore. I used to think that things like that were proven to be bad, now I'm thinking that this stuff isn't proven.

I agree with nick,
To do some research- But sadly, that damned division exists between believers and non-believers, Articles proving and dissproving anything and everything we want to know...leaving us baffled and confused.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

nick wrote:Research the FACTS!
Those people need to supply more evidence as their are many other factors involved.
Read the page on cholesterol and fat and see what ya think.

Who's FACTS? You can ask three people or even three researchers and get four opinions. I dont' think it is as cut and dry as just looking up the right info. I think you have to take alot of the info out there with a grain of salt and choose who you are going to believe by looking at their methods and the way they interpret the data.

I don't think I was clear. He wasn't pushing anything on me, but just saying why he though it was bad. When I challenged him he realized that he was just buying into hype.

The guy was very open to changing his views. I over heard him and asked him some questions. I told him what I thought and he was very curious to learn more. I told him to check out waisays.com and read the articles
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

The article at http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/cholesterol.htm
says:

"Foods containing most oxy-cholesterols are cholesterol-containing foods that have been heated and / or frozen a number of times ; products containing eggs (14), but especially -dried egg, -cheese and -milk powder, and meat products. (15)"

So meat products contribute to arteriosclerotic plaque? This quote doesn't say cooked meat just meat. Does it mean cooked meat when it says meat?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I re-read the article http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/cholesterol.htm and another article: http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/article.cfm?id=326

I think I learned why it is important not to blend yolks. The second article I posted here talks about oxidation of cholesterol.

Does blending the yolks cause this? if so blending them is something I am going to stop doing. Since I dont' have acne I was blending my yolks. If blending them causes oxy-cholesterol which causes plaque then I wont ever blend them again.

is blending yolks as bad as cooking them?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Johndela1:
So meat products contribute to arteriosclerotic plaque? This quote doesn't say cooked meat just meat. Does it mean cooked meat when it says meat?
I have the same question! Does raw meat contribute to mucus buildup etc. the way you said, the way cooked does?

When reading about the fruitarian way of eating, you want to believe fruits alone can cleanse your system of mucus and toxins...meaning rather it sounds utopian. If only B12 came in an orange! I mention this because earlier I was reading about raw fruit diets and wondered about arteriosclerotic plaque.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think specifically cooked cholesterol and protein (oxy-cholesterols and 'dirty' protein) will accumulate in bloodvessels, resulting in arteriosclerotic plaque. This because our body can't handle, i.e. digest them properly.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

wow, I guess I never paid much attention to this stuff the first time a read it

If people have clogged veins then they stop contributing to the clogging will the plaque disolve over time?
avo

Post by avo »

'meat product' most likely means things like processed lunch meats, sausages/hot dogs, ground beef/turkey/lamp/veal, deli meats, stuff like that. Straight up raw meat is probably fine, as it's not oxidized further than just slicing with a knive.
nick

Post by nick »

johndela1 wrote:wow, I guess I never paid much attention to this stuff the first time a read it

If people have clogged veins then they stop contributing to the clogging will the plaque disolve over time?
That is a very individual matter depending on bad the plaque is.
But I would assume your body would start breaking it down.
nick

Post by nick »

Here is what I took from the Scandalous Lie About Cholesterol page...

Cholesterol is transformed into bile acids and depending on the bodies need, it will signal a feedback loop to make sure that sufficient cholesterol is converted to bile acids and versa, depending on the need for bile acids or cholesterol.

Bad cholesterol can't be recognized by the body and this therefore inhibits the cholesterol to bile acid cycle, therefore increasing the cholesterol level because your body can't recognize bad cholesterol. In the bile acids cycle, natural oxy-cholesterols are originated which signal for a decrease in the cholesterol level.

Since the bad cholesterol can't be recognized by the body it therefore can't be transformed into bile acids, which therefore increases the cholesterol level. Also since the bad cholesterol isn't recognized it also blocks the bodies natural oxy-cholesterols to inhibit cholesterol synthesis. This too increases the cholesterol level as your body can't regulate it.

My question is, if your body does make it owns cholesterol, then why do we need it from our diet?

I love eating yolks and it makes me feel so good, however, the body will absorb only what it needs, therefore why does eating yolks and fish have a more pronounced effect than what your body does or would produce without any dietary cholesterol?

If our bodies make their own cholesterol then why does eating it feel so good and satisfying? This has always confounded me...
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

nick wrote:If our bodies make their own cholesterol then why does eating it feel so good and satisfying? This has always confounded me...
Maybe it is not the cholesterol that satisfies but the fat. In a time where you need calories to live, fat would be a good source so I'd imagine it would feel good to eat.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Thank the Universe that when you google raw yolks, the majority of information is good if not astounding! The incredible edible yolk reads like a multi-vitamin! A miracle food!

Just knowing that, make me horny, I mean hungry :oops: double :oops:
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

nick wrote:My question is, if your body does make it owns cholesterol, then why do we need it from our diet?
from the archive:

I've heard that we don't even need to consume cholesterol, since our body produces all the cholesterol we already need.
part of the required cholesterol is produced by the body, just as with vitamin B3, B8 etc.
the simple fact that your body (or intestinal bacteria) produces vitamin B3, B8 and cholesterol, does not mean that you dont need to ingest these by diet

around menstruation women lose a lot of cholesterol; which may result in moodswings, depression, aggression (due to the influence of cholesterol on serotonin metabolism)

if we all would produce sufficient cholesterol, nobody would have too low cholesterol levels.
but a number of scientific studies have shown that in people that commit, or try to commit suicide, the cholesterol level is clearly lower...