what is a vitamin pill and what is not

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

what is a vitamin pill and what is not

Post by johndela1 »

I know it vitamins pills are recomended against.

Would you call MSM a vitamin pill? Are there any things that are OK to take? I've read alot about MSM, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and CoQ10. These things (from what I have read) seem to be beneficial to suppliment.
RRM
Administrator

Re: what is a vitamin pill and what is not

Post by RRM »

Stricly speaking, a vitamin pill contains just vitamins, and when they also contain minerals or trace elements, they are considered 'nutrient supplements'.
I guess MSM etc would fall in the category 'supplements'.

The whole idea of selling supplements is based on making people belief that you need them (...).
But if you need them, they are nutrients, and if they are nutrients, they are abundantly present in our natural food, and if not, our own body produces what is needed extra. Thats how we evolved eating just our natural foods (no supplements), during millions of years.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Do you believe that MSM can bring relief to people that suffer certain conditions and in some cases it is easier to get it from a power than from a food?

In the same way you suggest eating table sugar for energy. I don't think table sugar is found in nature. So it is basically a suppliment or extract. If it is ok to take table sugar to suppliment our calories why not MSM to suppliemtn our MSM needs for people who may want extra than what their diet provides.
huntress

Post by huntress »

they are abundantly present in our natural food, and if not, our own body produces what is needed extra.
That is not true for Vitamin C. Humans don't produce Vitamin C like animals do.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Errr, read again what you quoted and what you wrote. ;)
huntress

Post by huntress »

Our body cannot produce extra vitamin C.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

they are abundantly present in our natural food, and if not, our own body produces what is needed extra.
Vitamine C has been abundantly present in our food, so we don't need to produce it.
That is not true for Vitamin C. Humans don't produce Vitamin C like animals do.
So it is true for vitamin C.
Our body cannot produce extra vitamin C.
See above. ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

johndela1:
In the same way you suggest eating table sugar for energy. I don't think table sugar is found in nature. So it is basically a suppliment or extract. If it is ok to take table sugar to suppliment our calories why not MSM to suppliement our MSM needs for people who may want extra than what their diet provides.
Good one :wink:

Okaaayyy, and, I'm not getting involved :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Table sugar = sucrose. Sucrose is found in all fruits.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:Table sugar = sucrose. Sucrose is found in all fruits.
so if it is found in foods we can isolate it out and take it? Vitamin C is found in fruits, too but I'm not supposed to take it sperately? Same with MSM found in foods. I don't understand what you are saying by this post. I think you are saying we can eat table sugar because it is found in fruit, right? I'mjust saying that logic could be used to say we can take some suppliments.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, logic works in different ways. For instance: all cows are mammals, but not all mammals are cows. In this case it's "Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi".
Along the lines of logic you're suggesting, one could argue: salmonella is found in all eggs, so we should take salmonella supplements... ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

John, WHY would you want to take supplements?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I thnk for similar reasons that you suggest taking sugar and olive oil.

But to be clear, I am curious and would like to see if taking extra MSM helps joint pain in people that suffer from it. It is easier to take MSM powder than to eat the same amount of food that would have what you could take in a few capsules of powder.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:Well, logic works in different ways. For instance: all cows are mammals, but not all mammals are cows. In this case it's "Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi".
Along the lines of logic you're suggesting, one could argue: salmonella is found in all eggs, so we should take salmonella supplements... ;)
I dont' see how you came to that conclusion. But you say we can take sugar becaues it is found in fruit (or did I don't understand)

i'm saying thebn why can't we extract other things from foods and take them?
huntress

Post by huntress »

Oscar are you saying humans produce Vitamin C?