joint health and flexibility

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
martianwarrior
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by martianwarrior »

right, i'll have to read more thoroughly through my source and then check out some others and see what i find.

to measure, i suppose i'll have to go through a whole week of workouts minus static stretching and pay close attention to the amount of power i have in my kicks and punches, at what rate i can move through the workout, how i feel post workout, the day after & quality of recovery etc. i know how i feel now, which is better than i did before, not having done such an extensive stretching routine before and after workouts. i know what i'm doing is better than doing nothing, but perhaps a little tweak will boost my performance.

perhaps i should go another week before cutting the static stretching to get a full feel of my performance since i just switched to the wai diet a week ago. that could be affecting the way i feel during and after workouts. well... i know it is. it takes the body a long time to fully get into a habit, so we'll see. i'll try the minus static routine for 2 weeks to maybe a month after one more week with it and see if i notice any marked improvements.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

How will you measure you kicking strength?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

check out resistance stretching

there is a book called the genius of flexibility that explains it...

here is a vid about a person who uses it.

http://growingbolder.com/media/sports/w ... 81865.html

they claim that as long as you still can contract a muscle you wont get injured

if you stretch so far you can no longer contract the muscle (the one being stretched), you are in danger
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

all i can do to measure kicking and punching strength is to pay attention to how i feel. all my moves are practiced on a heavy bag. i know my own strength. i think i'm in tune with my body, i know how to listen pretty well. won't be hard.

do you need others to help you with resistance stretching? i'm pretty much on my own.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

here is a link to an interesting study establishing a link between the sub-occipital muscles and the hamstrings.

http://www.somatics.de/NeckAndHams.html

As I work with the Alexander Technique now, this is very useful and interesting because the AT works essentially on releasing these small sub-occipital muscles in order to initiate overall better functioning of the neuro-musclular system.