E-coli on spinach and fruits? washing required?

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
speuzer
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

E-coli on spinach and fruits? washing required?

Post by speuzer »

Apperently Spinach in america is more contaminated with ecoli than ever, I know this is not part of the diet... The article goes on to say how important it is to wash all your fresh produce...

I don't really want to have to scrub and dry every single orange apple, bannana, kiwi, melon, bla bla bla bla all day long, of course i rinse them off...

Does everyone here scrub their food like this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/16/us/16 ... ei=5087%0A
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't do that, though I rinse and dry my apples, but that's a habit from years ago... ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I actually peel all the fruits that I dont juice (OJ), including tomatoes and cucumber.
If you are afraid of e-cole on the peels, peel your fruits too, which will also eliminate the intake of possible pesticides etc.
You dont need that peel, as all that you need from the fruit, is inside the fruit.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote: You dont need that peel, as all that you need from the fruit, is inside the fruit.
This makes sense, but there are many people who also say that the skin contains many nutrients. Why do you believe the skin is not all that beneficial?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im not saying that it doesnt contain nutrients. Im saying that the flesh of the fruit contains everything you need.
So, you simply dont need the peel, and certainly not if you are not sure whether it contains pesticides and maybe even e-coli.
avo

Post by avo »

I haven't washed a single fruit for about 1 month now.