Japanese and gastric cancer

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote:Neverthless Lettuce and Spinach do contain nitrates, and nitrates may lead to formation of N-nitroso compounds.
True, but the endogenous formation of N-nitroso compounds is very low.
If the vegetable is cooked, this rate is much higher, particularly when it is cooked in the presence of quite some protein.
There's quite a lot of people, here in this Forum, eating salad with lettuce. Is it a good habit?
I dont see it as "good". It may have some 'adverse' effects on your digestion, but no 'ill' effects.
I think that for optimal digestion, you shouldnt eat too much lettuce.
Roman

Re: Japanese and gastric cancer

Post by Roman »

johndela1 wrote: For example, I've heard people say Japanese eat soy, and they have good health. There for soy must be healthy.
I think that is really not a good assumption to make.
I partially disagree with you. :(

I dont' find this example to be suitable (in this case).

To say "They're healthy" is a very generic statement.
What does healthy mean? Lack of diseases? Life duration? Good-looking?

To say "They have the highest incidence for gastric cancer" is a very specific statement and, in my opinion, this might easily lead to a single cause.

But, of course, it's my opinion... :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote: To say "They have the highest incidence for gastric cancer" is a very specific statement and, in my opinion, this might easily lead to a single cause.
Maybe, maybe not.
Even a specific type of cancer has different possible causes; sometimes many and its nearly impossible to draw solid conclusions from dietary habits, as they are in part not that different at all, and yet different in so many aspects.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Roman wrote:
johndela1 wrote: For example, I've heard people say Japanese eat soy, and they have good health. There for soy must be healthy.
I think that is really not a good assumption to make.
I partially disagree with you. :(

I dont' find this example to be suitable (in this case).

To say "They're healthy" is a very generic statement.
What does healthy mean? Lack of diseases? Life duration? Good-looking?

To say "They have the highest incidence for gastric cancer" is a very specific statement and, in my opinion, this might easily lead to a single cause.

But, of course, it's my opinion... :wink:
Say you are right and there is a single cause, how could we possible know wht it is and be sure of it?

I should have been more specific in my examples. Many people have said Japanese don't get breast cancer and they eat a lot of soy, there fore soy must be the reason. I think this type of logic is really flawed.
Roman

Post by Roman »

johndela1 wrote: Say you are right and there is a single cause, how could we possible know wht it is and be sure of it?
I don't know... probably by excluding other causes by dividing the population in groups (for the most suspected causes) and checking the incidence.

What is different in gastric cancer people and NON gastric cancer people?

Many things, some indifferent, some important, some (maybe one) ESSENTIAL.

I think they're also trying this way indeed.

(http://web.tiscali.it/iodio/epi.html)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Roman wrote:
johndela1 wrote: Say you are right and there is a single cause, how could we possible know wht it is and be sure of it?
I don't know... probably by excluding other causes by dividing the population in groups (for the most suspected causes) and checking the incidence.

What is different in gastric cancer people and NON gastric cancer people?
)
I guess that is kind of what I was trying to say in the beginning. You would really need to conduct an expirement/study and have different groups with controlled settings.

Originally I thought you where saying by observing a single group you could tell this. That is why I was disagreeing.