dandruff

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

dandruff

Post by johndela1 »

Anyone have any luck curing dandruff? I have noticed that I have what seems to be dandruff.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think there is a difference between dandruff and a natural shedding of old skin cells. I don't really wash my hair, and I have noticed that I do get these tiny specks, more like dust, but not the bigger flakes which are dandruff. I think you could examine (or let someone do that) your scalp and see what your skin condition is.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I have big flakes
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What do you do with your hair? How many times do you wash it, what kind of soap/shampoo do you use? Do you use anything else, like gel?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When the shampoo that I wash my hair with touches the skin on my head, I have dandruff.
I had it for years, even using anti-dandruff shampoos.
then I though it might be an over-reaction of the skin and I tried to avoid shampoo-to-skin contact, and it works!

How I wash my hair (I have long hair):
I bend over with my head upside down; the hair is falling down and now I can safely wash and rinse isolely the hair before getting up again. Make sure to thoroughly rinse your hair with clean water before getting up.

You can first use an anti-dandruff shampoo to remove the dandruff, and then use the washing method described above to prevent the dandruff from coming back.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar,

I wash my hair about 2 times to 1 time a week, with a simple shampoo that has no alcholoh. I don't do anything else with my hair.

RRM,
I'll try some anti dandruff shampoo. If it works, I'll maybe continue to use it once a week. I can't really wash my hair like the way you do, because it is extremely short
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You could also try not washing it at all, and see if your skin settles after a while. It might not be (just) the shampoo, but (also) the effect of the warm water on the skin.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I wash my hair about 2 times to 1 time a week, with a simple shampoo that has no alcholoh. I don't do anything else with my hair.
A simple shampoo that contains no alcohol still contains lots of stuff that may trigger the dandruff. Please check out the list of ingredients.
I'll try some anti dandruff shampoo.
The only one that works for me is "Selsun". (RVG04188 by Chattem (UK) LtdBasingstoke Hampshire RG21 6YH, United Kingdom; 25 mg seleniumsulfide / ml.)
It smells bad (because of the sulphur), but it works... Maybe you can find something else than shampoo to neutralize the smell.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote: A simple shampoo that contains no alcohol still contains lots of stuff that may trigger the dandruff. Please check out the list of ingredients.
I'll try some anti dandruff shampoo.
The only one that works for me is "Selsun". (RVG04188 by Chattem (UK) LtdBasingstoke Hampshire RG21 6YH, United Kingdom; 25 mg seleniumsulfide / ml.)
It smells bad (because of the sulphur), but it works... Maybe you can find something else than shampoo to neutralize the smell.
that is the onle I was thinking of getting

I've heard good things about 'Selsun blue'

My shampoo has this:

Water, aloe leaf juice, sodium laurly sulfate, glycerin, coco-betaine, lauramide DEA, wheate prtein, citric acid, chamomile oil
dime

Re: dandruff

Post by dime »

I did some reading on dandruff, and put down notes here: http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php/Dandruff

It looks like putting any kind of oil on the scalp is not the best idea, according to latest research.
Saturated fat is shown to feed the responsible fungus, and unsaturated (oleic acid) to trigger dandruff in susceptible people.

Of course in some people it can also be due to allergic reaction to some substance.