Shaving cream

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
jay
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by jay »

That's strange. I've had a lot of success with olive oil. I have to shave my legs occasionally for swimming competitions and olive oil eliminated the nics and cuts I used to get while shaving there. I guess everyone is different.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I didnt refer to the use of olive oil. I answered dionysus, referring to using a razor with a shaving brush and shaving cream.
I havent tried shaving with the OO yet.
rischott

Post by rischott »

i found water worked fine.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

for you
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

dionysus, what kind of blade do you recommend? What's the difference between 'straight' and 'safety' razor? Is that what you mean by DE?

and RRM, what kind of electric razor do you use? I have a cheap one and in order to get it at all short it really irritates my skin. I've been using OO and putting cream on top of it.

Does anyone know about other methods? Waxing/threading etc. I guess it wouldn't be practical to tweeze a beard, eh?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:RRM, what kind of electric razor do you use?
I recently bought a new one, for occasional use.
To my surprise it hardly iiritates my skin!
At first i though it didnt work at all, as it runs slowly and hardly makes any noise,
but it cuts effectively, without me noticing it.
Its a very cheap ("Close and easy") Philips 6940 from the 6900 series ("dual blade system"). 20 euro if i recal correctly.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

But you don't get a close shave with it, do you? It's a 3-day beard? If I'm looking for a close shave is electric the wrong path to go?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It IS a close shave.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Is this, http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-R ... B001AJ6QNA , the razor?

Do you think if would be generally safe to say that more expensive razors perform better?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It looks like it is, yes.
Do you think if would be generally safe to say that more expensive razors perform better?
Perform better?
As in more power? Yes.
As in better for my skin? No, obviously. (this one is cheap)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Do you dry shave? Before/after shower? with or against? Do you shave every day? Do you have thick/thin hair?

Do you have any opinion of foil vs. rotary? (Although probly not if this is your first razor, but I thought I'd ask anyway).

Thanks RRM.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Do you dry shave? Before/after shower? with or against? Do you shave every day? Do you have thick/thin hair?
I now daily use the electrical shaver; only this one my skin can cope with.
Both wt and dry shaving used to give me lots of red marks.
I shave before bathing. I move it on my skin rotationally (i could not do that before either.)
I think that speed is the big difference.
My beard hair is thick and strong.
Do you have any opinion of foil vs. rotary? (Although probly not if this is your first razor, but I thought I'd ask anyway).
Its not my first electric razor.
Rotary seems to work best with this machine. (not with the previous ones!)
Iris

Post by Iris »

I'm still looking for a good shaving cream. I've tried olive oil and coconut oil, but that blocks the shaver blades. Not very handy. Also egg whites, but very surprisingly, that didn't work either ;D
The best I've tried so far, is pure coconut oil soap. But that is quite harsh, and dries out my skin...

Today I came across this http://www.amanvida.eu/E/Men/Shave/Shav ... ng-gel.htm shaving gel. I looked at the ingredient list, but it's so long.... What do you guys think? Harmfull or not?
gracie

Post by gracie »

Hi Iris,
I'm also looking for a good shaving cream!

I don't see anything too harmful in that product.
(this is the Waisays page for harmful ingredients, thought I'd post it: http://www.3.waisays.com/skincare.htm)
:)
Iris

Post by Iris »

I'm familiar with the list ;)

But I actually think it does contain harmful ingredients. Aloe vera speeds up cell renewal, thus aging of the skin. Citrus oils are harsh on the skin, I think. And sunflower oil in very high in vit. E...