Dry skin/water/day cream

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Eliane
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Dry skin/water/day cream

Post by Eliane »

Hi! I just started the diet about 5 days ago, and already I feel great! So far I have had hardly any cravings, my former 'bursts' of hunger are gone, and overall I feel much more balanced and healthy. :D
My skin has also improved noticeable; there are hardly any new break-outs and the eczema on the inside of my elbows seems much less inflamed.

The only thing is that my face is very dry. So dry that I'm afraid that if it will get worse it will start to flake and/or that I might get eczema in my face as well. Is it normal to experience real dry skin if you're just starting out? Is there anything I can do?
I did buy coconut oil today, so I hope that will help. Furthermore I'm also looking for better low-mineral water, but all of the recommended types of water are not available around here. Could anyone tell me what quantities of mineral I should look for in the water so that I might find something comparable?

And lastly, I was wondering if, after the initial 2 weeks, it's okay to use day cream? (especially in combination with make-up). If so, what kind of day cream should I use? Or should I keep using the oil?

Thanks a lot!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Dry skin/water/day cream

Post by RRM »

Eliane wrote:The only thing is that my face is very dry.
Your skin is going through big changes right now. Please give it some time to adjust to this new situation.
In the meantime you can protect it by applying oil to your face; as much as required to keep it from being too dry.
Could anyone tell me what quantities of mineral I should look for in the water so that I might find something comparable?
There are a few thread about using water for the face / for drinking in this board and the previous board; its easy to find them.
And lastly, I was wondering if, after the initial 2 weeks, it's okay to use day cream?
Sure. Once your skin has totally cleared, you can start experimenting with what your skin can cope with.
If so, what kind of day cream should I use? Or should I keep using the oil?
Oil is best, but you can start experimenting with creams; which one is best for you is impossible to tell, as no 2 skins are the same.
Eliane

Post by Eliane »

Thanks for your advice! I guess I should just be a little more patient...