Oil on face, in detail

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Oil on face, in detail

Post by RRM »

zackcentury wrote:I realize this is an old thread, but my question is related and I like to prevent forum clutter:
Thats exactly why we prefer people to post in (old / new) threads dedicated to the relevant subject.
So, thank you for that.
In the summer, my splash of shower water and fingertip of walnut oil was sufficient to moisturize my face and not leave any dry areas.
Now, I'm finding that my forehead and cheeks are dry and flaky after applying oil.
How dry your skin is depends on many factors, including the time of the year,
as it also depends on the amount of time spent outdoors, temp, humidity etc.
Is it most important to replace the tap water with bottled water? or will more oil solve the problem?
Simply use more fat, indeed.
(unless your tap water is really hard; then use bottled water)
When using bottled water, does one just spray on, then spread the drop of oil? thanks
Yes. You can safely apply more drops.
mario91

Oil on skin?

Post by mario91 »

I'd like to find some fat to put on my skin that it could tolerate well. It tolerates gourmet olive oil, but my forehead gets really clogged. My forehead is the only problem - it has huge opened pores and gets clogged with anything. Even if I don't stretch it for a couple of yours, it gets clogged. So I've been using only glycerin on it. It doesn't clog it, but it makes it very watery (even if I only put a little bit). That's good for stretching, but in long-term usage (I've been using it everyday for 6 months already) that watery thing seems to have been making my forehead more sensitive. Today I woke up and, for the very first time since I've been burned, I decided not to put anything, not even washing face, and it feels much better! I can stretch it, and it's much less sensitive. Kinda more matte, but still moisturized. But I can't do this forever, and I'd still like my forehead to be less dry, so I'd like to find a "gentle" fat that I could put on it... any suggestions?
dime

Re: Acne, aging, and sensitivity

Post by dime »

Have you tried coconut oil? Careful though, with such a sensitive skin.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

dime wrote:Have you tried coconut oil? Careful though, with such a sensitive skin.
Yes. 6 months ago. But it just clogged my forehead. I think it was due to the low quality/pureness/freshness of the oil I bought, even being organic and extra-virgin, unrefined.

But I'm planning to try some homemade coconut oil now. Maybe it'll be more pure and fresh. Thx for making me have this idea ;)
dime

Post by dime »

Pretty cool idea, let us know how it goes! You don't need much oil for the skin, I guess it should be easy to get enough at home :)

What happens if you mix glycerin and oil (I don't know if that's even possible), maybe that would be some intermediate solution.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

dime wrote:Pretty cool idea, let us know how it goes! You don't need much oil for the skin, I guess it should be easy to get enough at home :)
I sure will! Yes, only a few drops per day :P And I get coconuts really cheap, 1,30€/kilo at the supermarket.
dime wrote: What happens if you mix glycerin and oil (I don't know if that's even possible), maybe that would be some intermediate solution.
I've tried that also. They're more or less mixable, but some bottle shaking would do the trick.
It also clogged my skin. It might be because glycerin attracts water from the air, and oils kinda block this water passage (making the skin "keep" its water). So it could result in 2 adverse reactions. I'm not really sure tough.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Coconut oil experience turned out bad... I tried to do it by fermentation of homemade coconut milk, but it just didn't work. All it came up was a very sour paste.
I went back on glycerin, there's nothing else I can find that my skin can tolerate well. But now I'm only washing face and putting glycerin every 2 days, in the morning. And I've reduced the amount.
overkees

Post by overkees »

How does the ageing of the skin via vitamin e work? I only can think of the antioxidant properties to be antiageing?
dime

Post by dime »

It speeds up cell regeneration, which short term will make your skin look better, but long term it will lead to worse skin.