Oil on face, in detail

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
DarkGalaxy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I was wondering about this too (oils oxidizing on the skin after exposure to oxygen). I need to rethink my beauty regime...
DarkGalaxy

:?:

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I'm confused... I'm sorry if this has been explained already but,

Ok so the quality of the oil I put on my face (organic, raw or not, even petroleum-based) doesn't matter because the top layer of my skin is dead anyway AND the skin only absorbs water-based nutrients... BUT vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin so why would it matter again how much vita E is in the oil??? Also, if oil from beans is not ok because it probably would affect the skin...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

There is a difference between oil and more solid fat ('jelly'), as the more solid, the lower the level of penetration into the skin. With jelly the toxins more really will not even touch the top layer of the skin, whereas stuff in oil more likely affects those cells, so that cell-renewal stimulating agents in oil need to be minimized anyway.
Also, of course its better to have as little toxins on your skin as possible, but for me the lasting (throughout the day) protection against dehydration weighs heavier than those toxins sitting on top of the skin (in the jelly).

Organic or not seems of lesser importance here, to me.
PepperPip

Post by PepperPip »

Ok I havent used any moistureizers in 2 days because all the ones I have are definte failures.
I am thinking about getting the coconut oil for my face.

Has enyone every broke out on this??
I am so anxious to try it I dont know if I will be able to live with another breakout :shock:
Pepper
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Just use it moderately, very much spread out.
the oil is not solid enough to make you break out; it cannot clog your pores (maybe if you over-do it)
PepperPip

Post by PepperPip »

I love how coconut oil feels on my face obsorbs quikly and leaves no shine or irritation :D
I jest hope it stays that way :cry:

I realy really got to stop picking at my acne I really cant keep my twesers away from it.

my skin also has Alot of dead skin hanging off of it like exery single time I take a showerthere is more and more and more!!

will finnally applying a moisurizer (coconut oil) help stop this?
Pepper
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

PepperPip, Your skin will probably regulate itself. Just give the diet some time and things will settle down. Try to experiment with how much oil your skin needs, so that you can adjust to the changes that may occur.
sabie

Post by sabie »

I do find though that the coconut oil is too oily to put on before leaving to go out and I did break down and buy something from Lush to put on my face during the day. It does contain a couple of chemicals low on the list of ingredients that I looked up and are not the really super harmful type (I'm not a scientist though) but it's main ingredients are things like honey water, cold pressed avocado oil, coconut oil, mango, cold pressed evening primrose oil etc. It cost quite a bit and I hope that as long as I use it within a reasonable time period it will do the trick for now. After reading Wai's old face makeup thread again I'm starting to think that someday if my face situation ever goes back to normal I should start using makeup to protect it, I just never did before as my skin was always so oily and I never had any wrinkles and still really don't.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It cost quite a bit and I hope that as long as I use it within a reasonable time period it will do the trick for now.
Oil is very cheap and oil on your face doesnt make it oily as long as its properly diluted with water (in accordance with what your skin needs)
sabie

Post by sabie »

I will try to experiment with the coconut oil. I have been using it since Jan/97 and it is great.
I buy the virgin and the price is reasonable relative to the amount you get but I fnd that I can't put it on my body if I'm going to be getting dressed soon after I put it on or put it on my face before going out unless I'm okay with it looking a bit oily. Maybe I just use too much. This type of enthusiasm for something wouldn't be a first for me!
avo

Post by avo »

I've been using unrefined coconut oil for a couple years, on and off. Now I put it on my face right after a shower, and I also put several applications on a red area from being in the sun too long... works like a charm! I've been able to avoid getting sunburn ever since, no pain or stinging ever. It just turns into a nicely tanned area in a day or two.
sabie

Post by sabie »

nice to hear that someone else is finding that it has amazing healing properties. I should have realized it would help if I ever got stuck in the sun and wasn't prepared, I'll have to make sure I put some on right away next time. I'm just wary now of when I put it on as as I've left a trail of coconut hand prints, footprints and have gotten it on curtains and such in the past. It comes out of clothes nicely though with a quick hand wash.
B-Rad

Oils for the skin

Post by B-Rad »

I need advice on the best oils for the skin right now I am using virgin coconut oil on the body and sweet almond oil on the face. But apparently it is very high in vitamin e.

I was about to try avocado oil on the face but apparently that is high in vitamin e as well ("Research from UCLA Center for Human Nutrition in California indicates that avocados have the highest Vitamin E content compared to kiwifruit, nectarines, grapes, and peaches.")
Iris

Post by Iris »

Have you tried to apply these oils together with some water/on a wet face? That might help a lot with the cloggyness. It gives a moisterising feeling.

And here's a list of vit E contents of some oils
1.1 Cocoa butter
2.1 Coconut oil
3.3 Walnut oil
3.5 Sesame seed oil
5.8 Linseed oil
9.5 Palm oil
10.3 Peanut oil
12.1 Olive oil
17.0 Soybean oil
33.8 Maize oil
38.3 Cotton seed oil
39.3 Almond oil
47.2 Hazelnut oil
62.5 Sunflower oil
174.5 Wheat germ oil
zackcentury

Re: Oil on face, in detail

Post by zackcentury »

I realize this is an old thread, but my question is related and I like to prevent forum clutter:

In the summer, my splash of shower water and fingertip of walnut oil was sufficient to moisturize my face and not leave any dry areas.

Now, I'm finding that my forehead and cheeks are dry and flaky after applying oil.

Is it most important to replace the tap water with bottled water? or will more oil solve the problem? When using bottled water, does one just spray on, then spread the drop of oil? thanks
bananarama