alternatives to shampoo, deodorant, lip balm, soap??????

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
rafaelo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

alternatives to shampoo, deodorant, lip balm, soap??????

Post by rafaelo »

can anyone recommend any natural alternatives to
shampoo
deodorant
lip balm
soap

???
rafaelo

Re: alternatives to shampoo, deodorant, lip balm, soap??????

Post by rafaelo »

no alternatives, anyone?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe you don't need an alternative to shampoo if you only wash your hair, and not the skin on your skull (keeping your head down while washing just your hair)
Regarding deodorant, you may wash your armpits with only water a couple of times a day (that's what we call a "hooker's bath" :) )
Lip balm? I use vaseline. Works perfectly.
Soap? I don't use soap. I feel that a natural 'smell' (not acidic because of a lack of cooked food poison) is well received.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

:) What about a natural deodorant like Toms of Maine? I find that while on this diet my sweat seems to be odorless. I usually buy my shampoo at a health food store...they have more natural selections...although they don't mention anything about the ph level.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

oh yeah and for soap...I'm like RRM...I try not to use it unless i really need to...Dove is suppose to be ph balanced, which is really important...I don't understand why that's not listed on products that go on your skin :roll: makes no sense to me.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Rafealo~
Hello! There are quite a few great personal products to use that are natural and non-toxic and don't irritate most people's skin. My personal favorites are Aubreys Organics, (www.aubrey-organics.com) or at health food stores. They have great natural liquid soap as well as some bar soaps, natural lotions, shampoos and conditioners, and lots of other things that you can recognize the ingredients of. For example, here are the ingredients of they're unscented lotion: INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, White Camellia Oil, Sunflower Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E). It is more expensive to buy the natural products, but I guess that is to be expected. I also like Jason products for deodorant and dental care products(jason-natural.com). You can find all these products cheaper at other places online such as vitacost.com, vitaminshoppe.com, etc. In my opinion, Vaseline would not be good for use on the body because it is a petroleum by-product. I also like a lot of Burt's Bees products. Hope that helps!
:)
-Amber
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

I forgot about Mychelle products. They feel really great, are 100% natural, and smell awesome! www.mychelleusa.com I'm not sure that using many of the products would fall under Wai's skin recommendations though, because many of them contain fruit acids to exfoliate the skin, which Wai says makes you age faster. I would like to do more research on it, though, because I don't see why our bodies couldn't replicate cells nearly infinitely.
~Amber
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Love to all wrote:
I don't see why our bodies couldn't replicate cells nearly infinitely
It's basic biology.
How do you think that we age?
If cells could replicate (nearly) infinitely, we could live (nearly) forever. And we cannot.

The whole idea of life, is that it can adapt. And for this, you need a cycle of life and death. One doesn't go without the other.

All cells in our body are subject to aging phenomena. All cells can replicate can only about 40 to 50 times. Cells are replicated by copying them according to the blueprint of the cells, the chromosomes. Attached to these chromosomes, are telomeres, which are like 'copy-creditcards', with contain about 40 to 50 'credits'. With each time you make a copy of the the blueprint, you use up a credit.
The faster you use up these credits, the sooner cell replicative capacity will be exhausted. After having used up all credits, still copies can be made, but then these copies are very bad / blurry, and the resulting cells don't function well. That is why, in the end, our organs start failing, and we eventually die.
Depending on what organ has aged the fastest, that particular organ will start to fail first.

The number of times cells can replicate, and how fast cells minimally need to replicate, determines maximum lifespan. How fast cells of vital organs actually replicate determines (besides accidents etc) your lifespan.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

RRM~
That makes sense. Thanks for the information :)
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

Originally posted by rafaelo:
can anyone recommend any natural alternatives to shampoo

Get some barley flour and dust/comb/brush through your hair. Wash out in the shower with warm water.

deodorant
as for soap...

lip balm
I use almond oil... keep a little vial in your pocket, apply when needed. Good for everywhere else too.

soap
as for shampoo. Dust barley flour in all places that need a wash then shower and rub body with a soft cloth.

Toothpaste...
I just use a toothbrush most of the time with water. But occasionally I use a 50/50 mixture of barley flour and sodium bicarbonate for a gentle clean.

???
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

ALSO...

to claen dirty hands etc. take a small knob of butter and rub well in dissolving dirt and grease. Then wipe off with a paper towel...

ALSO...

Coconut Oil (available from Indian Grocers) is great for a hair dressing, lip balm and body lotion in summer. Cheapest nut oil by far.
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com
Biev

Post by Biev »

My hair has been really dry and breaking like crazy since the last time I dyed my hair (I know I know... I don't think I'll ever do it again, it's just stupid to damage your hair thinking it will improve your image!)

Anyway, it was always worst after shampooing, I'd end up with handfuls of hair, and as you may have seen from my (not so flattering) diary pictures, I don't have that much to begin with, it's all flat on my skull.

So I decided I'd just rinse my hair with water for a little while, just enough to give the natural oils in my hair a chance to work their magic - in theory, anyway. It was worth the experiment, I decided. And guess what... I've discovered that if I don't use shampoo, my hair has wonderful volume! How strange is that?

I rinsed with water everyday, thinking I'd start using shampoo again if it became noticeable, but it didn't really, and after a few days I ended up shampooing out of habit. Then my hair got all flat again. I can't understand it! I mean I've tried every volumizing shampoo in the world and mousse and nothing has ever worked. I'm completely puzzled!

After that I continued to rinse with water for maybe 5 more days, at which point I got dandruff and decided it was time to end the experiment. (It disappeared after I shampooed, and my head wasn't itchy or anything.) During that whole time, my hair didn't get very oily at all. It felt stiff the whole time, actually, and kind of.. sticky after being rinsed o.O Not really sticky, but... you know when you bathe with a really dry bar of soap (say, irish spring) and your can't just smoothly slide your hand across your arm, it's like your skin resists? (and goes squeak, if you do it right : P)

So anyway, I decided that my hair was still way too dry, so I used coconut oil on it and waited about two hours before washing with some baby shampoo. Finally, I can say that my hair is wonderfully soft.

Sadly, it's all flat again. *sigh*
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You might want experiment a bit longer with just using water. The dandruff (unnaturally fast skin desquamation due to the shampoo) will disappear.
Christina

Post by Christina »

deodorant- lemon juice

lip balm- raw lip balm from live-live.com it has bees wax and olive oil etc. it's called bee yummy lip balm

For dandruff- Massage one or two egg yolks, the juice of half a lemon into the scalp. leave it on for 15 min., then shampoo with Aubrey's organic chamomile shampoo, rinse with water and a shot of apple cider vinegar
You can also just massage olive oil in but it takes two shampoos to get it out again. You might have to do this every week until you get healthier and have less dandruff.

body- coconutoil

shaving- egg white

skin mask- mashed banana leave on the face for 15-30 min. anti wrinkles and anti pimples

eating egg yolks and bananas is very beautifying for the skin and hair.

never use reg. tap water on the skin or hair. it will fry it. I use filtered water for washing the hair and distilled water for the final rinse.

I never use soap. it's unnecessary.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Biev, if you make a banana smoothie with oil and yolks, take a tablespoon or two and massage it into your hair , tips and all over. keep it on for 30 min. or so and then wash with a mild organic shampoo like Aubreys, chamomile, using lukewarm water. It can really repair and thicken the hair.