Oscar's position on tooth paste?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Oscar's position on tooth paste?

Post by andyville »

Oscar:

I remember you have written some things about the use of tooth paste on this forum, but I was wondering if you would just care to give me a short summary on your position? I eat only sweet fruits and egg yolks - do you think I should use regular tooth paste on a daily basis? If not, are there any alternatives that might get rid of the horrific breath you get from eating raw egg yolks? Thanks a bunch in advance.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Most (if not all) toothpastes contain an abrasive. We are frequently ingesting food, so our teeth are in a regular state of demineralization (they should remineralize during the night). This means the outer enamel gets softer. Brushing forcefully and/or using a hard toothbrush and/or toothpaste, especially soon after ingesting any food, can affect this softer enamel.

I therefore recommend:
- don't use toothpaste
- use a soft brush
- brush carefully but thoroughly
- don't brush more than twice a day
- wait at least an hour after eating something before brushing

Unfortunately I can't give any alternatives to counter the egg yolk smell. :?
Have you tried rinsing your mouth with water afterwards?
avo

Post by avo »

Forget egg yolks, how do you get rid of chive-breath?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

avo wrote:Forget egg yolks, how do you get rid of chive-breath?
RRM recommend drying the chives. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, chives are like onions. Onions and garlic, so I assume chives, induce halitosis. It's not known whether this smell comes from the stomach/oesophagus or from within the mouth area. If it's the former, there isn't any solution (aside from drying the chives) I can think of. Try cleaning your tongue and see if that helps.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Oscar:

Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess the only issue I still have with the Wai diet is the problem with tooth health. I just can not see how sipping juice throughout the day, let's say 10-15 times, could be anything but damaging to the teeth. I feel like my teeth are constantly bathing in sugar throughout the day. Any advice? How do you solve this yourself? Thanks again.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Oscar wrote:Most (if not all) toothpastes contain an abrasive. We are frequently ingesting food, so our teeth are in a regular state of demineralization (they should remineralize during the night). This means the outer enamel gets softer. Brushing forcefully and/or using a hard toothbrush and/or toothpaste, especially soon after ingesting any food, can affect this softer enamel.

I therefore recommend:
- don't use toothpaste
What is your position on Peelu dental fibers?
http://www.peelu.com/PeeluDentalFibers.html
andyville

Post by andyville »

One more thing Oscar:

What do you think about drinking hot water with some honey before going to bed? Devastating to teeth? :cry:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My teeth weren't in the best of conditions to start out with, unfortunately. So when I just started the Wai diet I had some erosion of my teeth. Now the only affected teeth seem to be the ones which have dentin out in the open, without a protective layer of enamel. There are remarkable differences between teeth though, and not just because of location.

So I think teeth need some time to strengthen and/or get used to the new situation. I'm not sure how much cooked foods affect their condition or the process of remineralization, but it's at least a possibility to be aware of.

At the moment I don't take any special precautions other than the ones I've already mentioned.

I wouldn't really recommend hot water with honey, but if you could use table sugar and let it cool down quite a bit, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Those Peelu fibers apparently don't contain abrasives, which is good. In nature people didn't have toothbrushes, so they chewed the dried branches of the peelu tree. We, on the other hand, do have toothbrushes, so we don't really need the fibers. The only reason we would need any kind of toothpaste is for the taste.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Dentists always tell you to stay away from everything that tastes good! Is that a genetical thing or something...? :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oscar wrote:
I wouldn't really recommend hot water with honey, but if you could use table sugar and let it cool down quite a bit, I don't see why it would be a problem.
Hey Oscar, why? Essentially aren't they very similar? Sugar and Honey? Maybe not chained up the same... I can see both in hot water perhaps a problem, but then why not let the honey cool as well?

Thanx, Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hehe, in this case it's Wai, not dentistry ;)

Heating pure sucrose doesn't change anything, but heating honey isn't advisable because honey contains more than only sucrose. Raw (unheated) honey is fine though.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Oscar:

I have found that sticking to foods with low glycemic index works well for me. One such food is the apple, which belongs in the subacid group of fruits, as opposed to the banana which is a sweet fruit with much higher GI. Is the switch from sweet fruits to subacid fruits a threat to the teeth? Would you say that eating subacid fruits twice a day would be okay, while sticking to the routine you describe above regarding tooth brushing (twice a day, no toothpaste)?

Thanks a bunch,
Andy.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think that should be absolutely fine to do. If it works for you, do it.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

What is your take on this Oscar?

"DO NOT BRUSH THEM - IF YOU WANT HEALTHY TEETH

Human teeth are calcified living tissue well nourished by the blood and the saliva bathing them. Over millions of years they have evolved in an unbrushed mouth teeming with bacteria like the other end of the alimentary tract. Brushing teeth alters normal conditions [1] in the mouth and may affect tooth health. No animals in the wild including chimps and Human Aborigines do brush their teeth but all have healthy teeth. Why, because they are eating diets to that evolution has adapted them over millions of years and they are not brushing their teeth. Dr. PricesÕ data confirm this for humans. It follows that not brushing teeth and eating diets recommended in reference [2] would lead to tooth health. REFERENCES [1] Price, W. A.: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. Copyright 1939 Weston A. Price, 1997 Price-Pottenger Nutrition foundation, see p. 34. [2] Healthiest diet hypothesis: how to cure most diseases? Hans Dehmelt, Medical Hypotheses 64 (2005), p. 882."