PH-value of saliva and teeth protection

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Terence
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

PH-value of saliva and teeth protection

Post by Terence »

Buenos Dias,

I have read on wikipedia.org that dogs usually don´t have teeth problems, even if they eat bad foods, because they have a saliva that has always a very high ph-value. This saliva protects their teeth perfectly.

After googling a little bit, I have found that healthy human saliva should have a ph-value between 6.9 and 7.2, which is slightly alkaline and protective for our teeth. I checked my ph-value, it was 6.5. Maybe too acidic from tons of red meat. But the ph-test was old/ long overdue. So, I have to repeat the test with news test strips to be sure.

Has anyone here tested his saliva-ph? Or, ua aeh, could anyone make this test, I am very curious again. Maybe this is important.

Oscar, do you know something about this ph-issue?

Terence
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I thought the pH of saliva is individually different, but also depending on food. The neutral pH is considered to be the pH of water, which is 7.4.

Testing the pH of saliva can be tricky, because you have to do it on an empty stomach, so before breakfast. How did you test it?
Terence

Post by Terence »

Oscar wrote:I thought the pH of saliva is individually different, but also depending on food. The neutral pH is considered to be the pH of water, which is 7.4.

Testing the pH of saliva can be tricky, because you have to do it on an empty stomach, so before breakfast. How did you test it?
I will try it again, in the morning, on an empty stomach...

Terence