what to put on my skin: YES OR NO?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
thecalaquendi
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by thecalaquendi »

Holy guacamole!

That's quite a bit of cash... then again a gallon is almost 4 liters so... it should for quite a while. How long can you keep it until it expires?
Biev

Post by Biev »

They sell coconut oil in health food stores, but also in those stores that sell all sorts of supplements for "athletes" (omg I hate walking into those stores!) I was really surprised to find good coconut oil there, but they did have it, the same kind as you'd find at the health food store. Must have been the only thing in the store that didn't come in a pill ^.^;;

Come to think of it, they also sold coconut oil supplements in pill form! Hilarious...

I've been meaning to use the egg white for shaving, but I always forget! I'm used to just plain not using anything when I shave ^.^;;

I used to wax before, but it takes gallons of that azulene oil that comes with the wax to get that stuff off my skin, and that reeks of perfume, so I've been avoiding it! For some reason I've never thought about using just any other oil.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I've heard that waxing is hard on your skin in the long run. and ripping the hair out all the time isn't fun for the skin either. It might in the long run cause tearing, scarring and loss of tone. Shaving with egg white seems so mild an unobtrusive and leaves the skin silky without leaving it red, spotted or bruised.
Biev

Post by Biev »

But shaving makes more hair grow >_< I hate hair.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont think shaving affects hair growth.
Its just that when you dont cut / shave your hair, it will seem to grow less fast as more hair breaks off (the longer, the more fragile).
Christina

Post by Christina »

Yeah, I think, that's a myth. My hair is just the same strength as before I started shaving. And I've been doing that for many years.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

If you have no hair and it grows a little it is a huge gain, but if you have some hair and it grows that same amount it is relatively smaller, so it appears to grow slower.
Christina

Post by Christina »

John, we're talking about shaving a woman's legs etc.. It's not a gain when more grows.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Can some one explain the problem with increasing cell renewel. Aloe vera for example - exactly how is this bad?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Total cell renewal is limited, so that increasing cell renewal rate
gets you at the finish line sooner... (where cell renewal is exhausted)
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

ahh so how do we know its limitation? With age or just by looking at it? also wouldnt the finishing line be death because cells are always being replaced?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:ahh so how do we know its limitation?
By the length of the telomere.
The more exhausted it gets, the shorter it gets.
With age or just by looking at it?
It gets shorter with age, but you can see how shortly it is exactly,
by looking at it.
By accelerating cell renewal, the shrinking of the telomeres is accelerated as well.
also wouldnt the finishing line be death because cells are always being replaced?
Actually, the signs of aging are due to too little cell replacement.
Eventually this leads to organ failure, and eventually death.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

So this diet really address cell renewel from the inside and any outside 'renewel' is deemed as an age accelerator? Like excess sun exsposure?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:So this diet really address cell renewel from the inside
Yes, less insulin secretion, and less damage by oxidative radicals.
and any outside 'renewel' is deemed as an age accelerator? Like excess sun exsposure?
Yes, any cream or drug that stimulates cell renewal, accelerates aging of those cells.
And yes, sun exposure accelerates aging of the skin..
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

In the UK we dont know what the sun looks like - but say it comes out one day next year or Im somewhere sunny like spain - what you you put on your skin? I stopped using sunblock on holiday years ago as it broke me out so I just stayed in the sun no longer then 20mins at a time.

Whats your view on the age old use of aloe vera? when would it be useful - it really helped my sun burn one year when I was young.