teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by dionysus »

Thanks Oscar :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're welcome :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

From another thread just started (and deleted)
johndela1 wrote:I here a lot of raw food vegans have teeth problems. Many say it is because they eat so much fruit. I'm thinking it is not the large amounts of fruit buy rather the lack of nutrients they'd get if they included egg yolks and other animal protein.

I'd like to here from anyone who has had problems like this in the past or currently.
Any statistics you know of?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

My teeth don't feel as clean as when i used toothpaste. They feel also 'gritty/grainy'. Don't have the smooth feel to them.

Is this normal or do i have to clean them better?

I do clean them for a good 5-10 minutes first thing in the morning but i'm always worried about over cleaning them as much as i am under cleaning them.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hard to tell. You could try cleaning them before going to bed, but make sure you wait at least an hour after eating your last meal.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Ok. Thanks. I'll continue to monitor my teeth any see how they go.
Sunkist

Post by Sunkist »

when i started a raw foods diet 5 years ago (now almost 6 years ago) and was doing primarily raw fruit, but no raw fish or raw egg yolks, my teeth were noticeable weaker and also more sensitive and felt loose in my gums.

but by adding raw egg yolks (advice from an awesome expert in the Raw Foods field before I even heard of Wai) i felt soooo much better on so many levels...hair, nails, skin, teeth...everything

so obviously it was the nutrients I was missing found in the raw egg yolks ...and then when I found Wais website about 4 years ago...it clicked right into what I had already found to be true...raw fruits, balanced with raw fats, along with healthy raw protein!!

have never felt or looked better in my life!!

thanks Wai and thanks to my friend for suggesting raw egg yolks!! :lol:
Christina

Post by Christina »

I just have to report something very interesting regarding the teeth.
I've adopted some tips from this thread like the brushing first thing in the morning at a 45 degree angle and I use the toothsoap that Bambi recommends at the beginning of the thread. I also only rinse my mouth with volvic water and brush with baking soda once a week(with an electric toothbrusch). My teeth got kind of yellow after being on the diet for 4 months. They weren't super white before but not as yellow as then. After doing as above my teeth are white, strong and beautiful, like hollywood teeth :D ( I had a nice shape of teeth to begin with). I also stopped the oj and oo since she toothsoap inventor very much recommends no or little juice and not too many meals per day since the acids weaken the enamel and it cannot rebuild itself if stripped constantly. So I eat around 6-9 times per day and no juice. Beautiful teeth are very important in the overall appearance. And getting them fixed is very, very expensive, too! esp. in the US. The toothsoap costs around $30 with ship., lasts for 3months, for 2 people. It consists of natural oils and essetial oil like regular bar soap, which as she says, you can use too. It has to be very pure, without glycerin. But hers tasts better than reg. soap.
I'm learning new things all the time and I love it. I hope this mail reaches as many as possible since it will make some very happy. :wink:
Christina
MJ

Post by MJ »

Christina,

How long did it take for you to notice a difference/change?

----

I know that it can be bad to brush your teeth too much, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it can be bad to loss your teeth too much? For example, would flossing after every meal be bad?
Christina

Post by Christina »

MJ
I brushed with the toothsoap for 1 or 2 weeks. Then I brushed with baking soda turning the sonic toothbrush on several times and using a thick layer of baking soda reaplying a few times onto the wet toothbrush and the plaque just came off, to reveal white, shining teeth. It sounds like a commercial but it's true. But I must correct my statement from before. I don't have these fake super white bleached hollywood teeth but just healthy normal person white teeth :wink:
Christina
Christina

Post by Christina »

By the way, I rinse with vovic water after every meal and am now really not having much more than 6 meals per day of which 3 are a med. size plate and 3 are just one or two bites. Works better for me.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Moved from another thread:
fictor wrote:Ok. After only about 3 months on the Wai diet, my teeth are fucked!
I have to admit I am a little angry, and loose quite some faith in
this diet!

I have at least 2 big holes in my one tooth. It hurts, and it is going
to cost me several thousand NOK, probably something like
200 USD. It also means that I have to put certain chemicals in my
body, that I would rather like to go without.

Thanks a lot Wai!
libellula wrote:Had you read the whole book and had you found scientific proof for the theories expressed in it? Had you found any external recognition on the part of any medical website? I haven't.
You decided to go on this diet because you thought it made sense, or maybe you wanted for it to make sense. I understand your anger, but I don't think you can finger anybody for what has happened to your tooth. You have gone on a diet you have found on the internet, where noone says it's scientifically proven. The theories in this book have been thought out with a lot of logic, so you had faith in the diet. But you didn't have any guarantees; as you said yourself, you have "lost quite some faith in this diet".
You can't say you're "quite angry" as if it were wai's fault, because she/he is not a doctor and she/he didn't prescribe this diet for you. Moreover, you can't immediately finger wai for this as you don't really directly know what caused the problem in your tooth... or do you know? It could be that it was diet that caused it, just as it could not be; as long as you don't know, you can presume it is, but you can't attack anyone for this. When you found this diet you decided to try it and risk; now you have cavities in your tooth which you think are caused by the diet. You can most certainly write about your experience, but you can't thrust the responsibility on someone else. Unfortunately the fact that you followed this diet is your responsibility.

Anyway, I understand your anger. Dentists most certainly are expensive... On top of it, cavities hurt!!
I'm sorry for you; I hope that at least you'll be able to fix your teeth soon.

-Libellula
fictor wrote:I take responsibility for my actions, and of course I see that I can not blame two more or less dutch-folks for making my teeth hurt

On the other hand, this thing with my tooth really fucked up my
weekend, made me angry and irritable and feeling miserable.
So it feels good to have someone/something to blame, and I find
it quite likely that a diet based on sugary, acidic fruits, might
have something to do with it.

I will keep on eating raw, and stay away from seeds and grains, but
I will ditch the whole carb-craze, and try to eat a little more fish/eggs, lots
of more avocado, nuts and veggies (carrot, celery, watercress etc.)
and maybe even go back to fluoride-toothpaste and mouthwash.
libellula wrote:
Just as long as you don't get nervous or depressed, you're fine! I had become very nervous while on the strict diet, so my skin even got worse... But I don't think you'll have very bad repercussions if you include some food that will make you happier. I have been doing that, and my skin has gotten better because I'm much more relaxed!!

-Libellula
fictor wrote:I visited the dentist today. I had to take 10 mg valium, because
I have dentist-fobia, sort of.

Well, despite the fact that I had to put that shit in my system, it all
went pretty well. My teeth seems fine, but one old filling had fell of,
so I will have to go back to the dentist in two weeks, take more
valium and put in another filling. Luckily though, I now have the
chance to chose a porcelain filling, instead of that allergy causing
plastic filling.

The whole thing will cost like 300 USD though...

But, I will continue the diet, but probably with some changes, as I
said in my last post.

In addition, I will be extremely careful to always swish some water in
my mouth after eating, and be very good at brushing and flossing.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

wow christina, that is good news. i'm going to try that as well as i have also had the problem that my teeth have turned yellow and have vertical grooves in them. i'll report back in a couple of weeks...
Gerard

teeth

Post by Gerard »

My teeth (after originally having some alarming problems when I used 'natural' toothpaste that still contained glycerine) are perfect now.

I pretty much leave them alone, but I rinse after eating acid foods or after imbibing acid drink, and sometimes brush them using a plain bar of non-glycerine soap.

The more I leave them alone, the better they are.

I feel like I am on a roll and if I start paying attention to them and overcleaning I am going to cause a problem. Basically I never look in my mouth if I can help it.
:)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:D