teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: teeth

Post by Mr. PC »

I have also used MI paste; it was expensive, $20 for 35ml, but the dentist told me he was selling it at cost (it comes from Australia, I live in Canada).
Here are the ingredients to anyone interested. "Pure water, Glycerol, CPP-ACP, D-sorbitol, CMC-NA, Propylene glycol, Silicon dioxide, Titanium dioxide, Xylitol, Phosphoric acid, Flavoring, Zinc oxide, Sodium Saccharin, Ethyl p-hydoxybenzoate, Magnesium oxide, Guar gum, Propyl p-hydroxybenzoate, Butyl p-hydroxybenzoate"

I use it extremely sparingly, and not regularly, but only 1nce a week or when I feel my teeth really need it. It's derived from milk casein however; so I don't know how bad that is, but I guess since you're not swallowing it it should be ok.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Oscar and/or RRM could you maybe give an example of your daily brushing routine and which materials you use? Would make it a lot easier for me.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Before I go to bed I brush according the modified Bass Method, using a soft, multi-tufted toothbrush (no toothpaste). I rinse with water afterwards.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I brush my tongue after i get up from bed,
and then slightly brush my teet using a soft tooth brush.
I use tooth picks to massage my gums.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I have a harem of 28 women. Each member is assigned the duty of caring for one tooth. I must be very nice to them or my mouth will suffer. Fortunately, based on specific decay patterns it's quite easy to tell if one has been slacking. They take turns brushing my tongue.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Just to make sure, you are on a strict-ish wai diet, Oscar? Someone who eats munch foods might require some sort of toothpaste, right?

So each of you brush only once per day. Do you use toothpaste RRM?

I'll give my method if it's any use. I brush twice per day; as soon as I wake up (before eating) and last thing before sleep (waiting an hourish after eating). I floss before brushing and although I go slowly, meticulously digging the brush under between the tooth and gum to make sure I don't miss any area. The back of my teeth I don't think about so much, just kindof scrubbing them. I use the brush on my gums as well, and scrub my tongue kindof hard. I'll use a sensitive teeth toothpaste, with no whitening properties. Occasionally I'll also use MI paste, which has worked wonders for me. (but it's $20 for a small tube, so I'll use it like once a month, and leave it on them for some minutes).
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I have found that plaque really becomes problematic when consuming grains. It's the stickiness of gluten I think. If not removed properly (including below the gum line) it will lead to erosion of the tooth and periodontal disease. It's more of an issue with refined grains in my experience. The fat in egg yolk is also very sticky and will not only adhere to a smooth stainless steel spoon but a nice shiny tooth. I'm not sure what bacteria/fungi the fats in egg yolk feed.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Do you use toothpaste RRM?
Yes.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Uhm, there is only 1 Wai Diet, but yes I'm 100% on it. Someone who follows a rather alkaline diet might have some benefit from toothpaste, but otherwise there isn't any reason other than a fresh feeling and/or peppermint-/menthol-flavored breath.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Many African tribes use just a soft stick that they first shew on so that it becomes something like a brush,
and then applying a technique similar to the Bass method (no toothpaste).
They generally have beautiful teeth.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

They also consume little/no grains (more tubers/fruit/dairy as primary carb source) or treat them differently (e.g. fermenting them) before eating.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

They also consume plenty of cooked meat without cholesterol issues.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

RRM wrote:Many African tribes use just a soft stick that they first shew on so that it becomes something like a brush,
and then applying a technique similar to the Bass method (no toothpaste).
They generally have beautiful teeth.
Please show your work.
overkees

teeth

Post by overkees »

Oh by the way i know a black girl around 40 and she never used toothpaste. She always chews on sticks and has teeth as hard as iron. She told me it was tradition from where she came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miswak

and

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... x/abstract
dime

white tongue

Post by dime »

I've noticed something interesting: the more fruits I eat the whiter my tongue becomes, so on wai diet it's pretty white.
On several occasions I've had to eat standard cooked food for a couple of days, and the white coating would always disappear.

I'm puzzled and can't figure out what's going on. I don't know if this white coating is good or bad or doesn't mean anything.
It appears on wai diet, but disappears on cooked diet as well as wai diet with steamed rice instead of fruits.

Any thoughts, or similar experiences?