Rose water

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Iris
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

New Brand Rosewater

Post by Iris »

The reseller where I bought my rosewater quit so I had to find a new supplier. I found one in France, where they make this stuff theirselves. No additives, so I assumed it should be good.
This week I received my order, and I'm very pleased with it. It smells great! Like roses :lol:. The one I used to buy didn't smell at all.
Just thought for anyone who is looking for a good supplier I'd post it here.

The link to the webshop is: http://www.histoirederose.com/boutique/ ... 0ml_1.html
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've been to the Sablière...my girlfriend used to buy (or still buys?) her rosewater from there. Quite a small factory, where they produce the water the old-fashioned way.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Indeed!
My parents live about 30 minutes away from La Sablière. Their Rose Water is beautiful and 100% natural. I'll be buying some in august when i go there.
They make it in an old 'alambic'. One can visit the place and see how it is made. The roses are heated with water in the alambic and the vapor is then cooled and collected. The essential oils from the roses remain in the water giving it it's smell. Each batch is different.
I'm glad you found them and are supporting them. They weren't doing so well for a while and since they have a website and have begun shipping abroad they are doing better. Still European law wants to prohibit small business like theirs which can't conform to certain codes or criteria...
Iris

Post by Iris »

Realy? I didn't know!
It's a shame they are/where in so much trouble :( I hope they can keep their little factory running.
summerwave

rosewater

Post by summerwave »

I like to drink rosewater chilled in the summer, or make ice cubes with it I put in my fresh juices (especially pear).

I think this does not make the cut as a 'munch food.' But it is delicious.
silviya

Best Rose Water

Post by silviya »

Hey Guys i just wanted to share this with you. The best Rose Water comes from Bulgaria here is a link

http://www.bulgarianroseotto.com/rosewater.html

I am Bulgarian, and long time ago before i was even born, my parents parents have some rose farm so i still have one ancient bottle with homemade rose oil.. How cool is that

But the Bulgarian rose is one of the main ingredients of worldwide famous cosmetic lines.
Check it out, and let me know if you have any questions.
Usually is so cheap if you buy it directly like in person but the website is not that bad for the quality of it.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRm, Oscar, do you have one to recommand?
We should use it to wash our face instead of tap water? What is so special about this rose water?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I find it hard to recommend anything, because I don't use anything myself. Once every week or two weeks I take a shower where I wash myself with water and egg yolk. This way my body i.c. skin does most of the cleaning by itself.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its just that rosewater has very mild cleansing properties.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:Its just that rosewater has very mild cleansing properties.
So how we should use it? For washing face?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Only for cleansing, when you need it,
where you need it.
If your skin doesnt get clean from normal water, you can use rosewater, indeed.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:If your skin doesnt get clean from normal water.
What do you mean by "doesn't get clean from normal water"? Why it wouldn't??
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Well, you may have gotten in contact with stuff that sticks to your skin more than normally.
The source may range from personal hygiene stuff to 'dirty' dust,
polluted sand or some kind of grease.
Iris

Post by Iris »

You can easily test this by cleaning your face with a cotton after walking in city air all day. When you only use water on the cotton, you won't see much dirt on it. When using rosewater on the cotton, it will be grey after cleaning your face...