Scalp health, hair growth anyone?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Scalp health, hair growth anyone?

Post by chris m failla »

:D Hey guys, Im new to the diet, well I have been studying the site for a half year, but Im only on the wai diet two weeks straight. I find it is perfect. My concerns are weight reduction, and to clear my oily scalp. Gross. Any thoughts on hair growth or scalp health?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome. :)

Personally I find that the diet, and not using soap, shampoo or other chemical products, gets rid of oily skin completely. The skin makes an outer protective layer, but when that layer is (constantly/frequently) removed, it compensates by producing more oil. Let the skin do its 'thing' and it'll be fine.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Hey Oscar, thanks for the advice. That is very interesting what your saying about not to shampoo your scalp. I was told by a top hair growth company called Gaunitz, they're in arizona, to scrub my scalp with their shampoo. But your protocol seems more logical. So are you saying just wash with water, everyday?
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Oh yeah, and what about using hair growth formulas, like minoxidil, and other topical concoctions that are said to work?
Frost

Post by Frost »

most topical stuff doesn't work. when a company invests hundreds of thousands or even millions in research and development for a new product, when said product fails they will likely still market it, so long as the negative effects are not devastating. This is why they sell topical creams and stuff that dont work.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Yeah, I agree, now, after spending maybe 5000.00 dollars over many years on topicals. I still have some hair, but not quite the amount promised. Hopefully, using nothing, with wai-diet, ill maintain and improve the health of my scalp. It should anyways using nothing because all the topicals always contain alcohol and or proplene glycol.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

chris m failla wrote:So are you saying just wash with water, everyday?
Yes, wash with water. Though I wash it once per week, you can experiment with the frequency you like/need.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Ok, thats about the frequency women usually use too, and they normally dont have oily scalp and hair loss, so I must say that makes a whole lot of sense. Though being new to wai diet, and still have oil production problems, what happens to the sebum or oil if I dont wash with water for a couple of days. Also if I may ask Oscar, how long have you only washed with water once a week, and what is the condition of your scalp and hair?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

For about a year I think. My hair is full and thick, not oily at all, and neither is my scalp.

I'm going to move this thread to "Personal Grooming; skincare, teeth, hair".