Dead skin cells

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Jerry
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Dead skin cells

Post by Jerry »

Flaky skin = Dead skin cell
Am I correct?

After I wait/experiment/inspect my face a couple of weeks, I found that my skin accumulated lot of stubborn dead skin cells.

I do apply fingertips of oil. How would I know that the dead skin cells is shedding well/normal?

My always let my face covered with oil or sebum, the problem is it turned shiny if I don't wipe it off, and if I wipe it off, an hour or two, the pores again pushing sebum out, the cycle never end. So, I guess if I wipe it off, the chance it lead to acne high than I don't wipe it off, right? But, I'm afraid if I don't wipe it off, it go wild and clog the pores. So, how to deal with this?

How bad the dead skin cell regarding acne, pinching of sebum canals or clog pores? The acne TV commercial always explain how dead skin cells cause acne, but does it really the major problem?

And I refer to RRM's comment:
Topic: Washing face downwards to prevent inflammations

Follow the facial hair direction? downward? I did this, and everytime after I wipe and rinse off with water, my face never feel cleansed, it always feel a bit greasy, but the dead skin cell is there, so what is the problem, is it not thoroughly cleaned or dead skin not shedding well? is it ok to wipe circular with cotton pad while cleansing?
Monique

Re: Dead skin cells

Post by Monique »

flakey skin is dead cells i believe
wai says ur skin needs time 2 dapt 2 new situation n few weeks is very short
ur skin will get normal after few months

wai recoommends wiping off excess oil but also says that d oil never causes acne
n that dead skin cells also not cause acne, but u can rub these off 2 wd dry towel or cotton pad
drs not even know bout relationship between diet n acne
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thanks... Monique !

Did you experienced the same situation? My face became so dull...

How long to wait?
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I'm not sure if this happen to everyone on the diet/water-only cleansing routine+fingertips oil, but I found that my face is getting thicker and thicker, it look like the oil/sebum dried-up and stuck at the outer layer of skin OR is it the stubborn dead skin cells?

I wipe with cotton pad, but it can't be remove gently, if I force it will irritate my skin and cause inflammation.

I just can't find an exact cleansing method, should I wipe circular or just wipe downwards and leave alone the dead skin cells and the trace of oil no matter how much it remain there?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I use only water (shower), and sometimes I apply a little bit of coconut oil afterwards, but I have no problems whatsoever (sorry! ;) ).
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Hi ! Oscar...

How bad is your acne? Are you completely clear now?

You mentioned that you only wash your face while shower, so how many time a day? And when is the time, shower/bath time? Or right after you wake up from sleep in the morning and before go to bed?

How did you wash your face, or with what? bare hand and rinse gently without touching face too much or some pressure or a bit rubbing?

Sorry for my curiousity...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I never had that much acne...a pimple and blackhead here or there. Now almost everything is gone...an occasional small pimple might still come up.

I take a shower once a day right after I wake up. I guess I rub my face with my hands then. I'm actually not sure how I do it, but I don't rub it vigorously on purpose. So I would say a little bit, but not too much. I use organic shampoo once a week or so, and no soap whatsoever.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

ok, so you wash your face only once a day? What's type of your skin, dry or oily?

How old are you? How long been on the diet?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I had severe cystic acne, and when I eat something cooked, spicy or salty, I still immediately get acne again.
If I eat right, it doesnt matter how often I wash my face, or not at all. Its just that if I wash it more than once a day, my skin is more dry, and eventually will start to produce more sebum again, which makes my skin more prone to acne.
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

oscar,
what organic shampoo do you recommend?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Jerry: yes, once a day. I think my skin tends to be on the dry side. I've been on the diet for about 5 months now.

Rafaelo: Get the one which is the mildest and most natural. So far I used Weleda and Urtekram, and they both worked fine. The latter contains coconut oil.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Originally posted by RRM:
I had severe cystic acne, and when I eat something cooked, spicy or salty, I still immediately get acne again.
If I eat right, it doesnt matter how often I wash my face, or not at all. Its just that if I wash it more than once a day, my skin is more dry, and eventually will start to produce more sebum again, which makes my skin more prone to acne.
But, the acne keep striking one after another near the area where inflammation happen. Sound like this, my cheek always in flaky state even I put oil on it, and the inflammation area even worse, it's rough+flaky and oily, can't get right of this...

Also, I just discovered that my eyebrow now is full of dead skin cells, when I gently rub a bit, it easily coming out, BUT IT TAKE FOREVER, and I don't want to irritate it...how?

Also, regarding the oil, whenever we apply on face, the oil itself stay at outer layer of skin OR absorbed by skin? Everytime, I wipe off the oil, my skin looked a bit dry(but not tight, just the dry patch). And if I don't wipe off the oil, the oil keeps coming out from the pores. How this could be, my face is not dehydrated, it covered with oil?
slea

Post by slea »

Jerry, how long have you been on the diet? My skin did the same thing, but it adjusted. Here is what I do and it keeps my skin looking nice: I wipe my face with a cotton pad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar mixture, then I take a warm wash cloth and wipe my face. I just bought a little medicine bottle and mixed 3 to 1 olive oil to vinegar. On certian days, I will take a peice of pineapple and rub it on my face and let it set for 10-15 minutes and it makes my skin really smooth. I also mix up the fruit. Some days I'll use mango, banana, etc. or what ever scraps of fruit I have lying around. I do it when my skin starts to look uneven. Usually once a week.