Oil pulling

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Oil pulling

Post by andyville »

As you might have read in another thread I made, I am a bit worried about the effect that sipping sweet fruit juices thoughout the day can have on one's teeth. (I do however think that this routine makes you feel marvelous and it gives you tons of energy.)

Most of you are probably taking olive oil with your juices, and I would like to ask you if you think that the olive oil can protect the teeth from the acids and sugars in the juice? Oil pulling (rinsing the mouth with olive oil for a while) is something one could do after each sip, both to keep blood sugar stable and also to benefit teeth health...?

Oscar: Could you please give a short explanation of why the olive oil could help? Is it because it has lower acidity than the juices? (I tried to find the pH of olive oil on Google, but only found pH for olives.) Could it be bad for the teeth to do the oil pulling after each sip? It says on most oil pulling sites that one should wait after each meal before bringing the oil pulling on...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont think the oil is sufficiently protective for your teeth.
Use a straw when drinking juices to bypass your teeth.
andyville

Post by andyville »

I believe you are right RRM, but I find it hard to bypass the teeth completely when drinking juice with a straw. Although I try to put the straw as far back in my mouth as possible, to keep it from reaching the teeth, usually a little juice makes it to the front of the mouth where it creates the typical acidic taste that I bet most of you are familiar with. Any advice on how to bypass the teeth as effectively as possible?

Another question: do you take the oil before the juice, or vice versa?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Take the oil in the juice. Helps the taste :lol:
Negativity is the cult of the weak
andyville

Post by andyville »

I am a bit confused here. I am trying to find the pH value of olive oil, but can't find it. I seem to remember that it is slightly acidic though. If this is correct, how could olive oil be good for the teeth? I thought that acidity in the mouth was very bad for teeth? So...

1. Do you know the pH value of olive oil?

2. If it is acidic, how could it still be good for teeth?

Thanks a bunch.

Peace
Andy.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Oscar? RRM? ANYONE???

:shock:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I don't know.

You may also want to try rinsing your mouth with water after you drink OJ.

"Tooth cavities will be ended simply by rinsing acids off the teeth. ACIDS ALONE EAT THE ENAMEL. THERE WOULD BE NO CAVITIES IN THE WORLD if all people rinsed acids from their teeth promptly. Just sip water, milk or other liquid while eating. Water reacts with acids."

http://gerardjudd.com/summation.htm

(Taken from the 'teeth' thread in this forum sub-section)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

dionysus wrote: "Tooth cavities will be ended simply by rinsing acids off the teeth. ACIDS ALONE EAT THE ENAMEL. THERE WOULD BE NO CAVITIES IN THE WORLD if all people rinsed acids from their teeth promptly. Just sip water, milk or other liquid while eating. Water reacts with acids."

http://gerardjudd.com/summation.htm

(Taken from the 'teeth' thread in this forum sub-section)
isn't that what salavia does?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Olive oil isn't water soluble, so its pH cannot be measure as such. Generally speaking vegetable oils are regarded as very weakly acidic.

I don't know if olive oil can protect or not, but if it compensates stronger acids by adding weaker, it might.
My idea is that, like John said, saliva should be able to protect the teeth. But the effectiveness (and composition) of the saliva depends on the kind of food one's eating. On a cooked diet the saliva might not be in such a condition.